• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel UK Price Variants
16 16

2,571 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Redshade said:
3 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Cheesy Wotsits :sumo:

Too claggy!

:cloud9: mmmmm. Claggy....

3 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

:cloud9: mmmmm. Claggy....

It's Yorkshire for (amongst other things) foodstuffs that cling to the roof of one's mouth making one thirsty.

Edited by Redshade

1 minute ago, Redshade said:

It's Yorkshire for (amongst other things) for foodstuffs that cling to the roof of one's mouth making one thirsty.

As opposed to Cleggy, which is that bloke off the telly. 

How do you think pence collectors will feel when they spot the Overstreet mention, come here looking to learn more, and find us talking about Wotsits and Last of the Summer Wine? hm 

1 minute ago, Get Marwood & I said:

As opposed to Cleggy, which is that bloke off the telly. 

I went to school with a George Clegg and the nickname round these parts for anyone with that moniker was "Peggy". It didn't matter if he was a 6'4"  20st rugby player. Nobody batted an eyelid.

On 7/22/2019 at 5:29 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

Sold for £441, about £40 each (I can do maths and everything me). Not sure why, but there's something about them. I suspect trimming and hidden stuff. I'm not sure this lot was a bargain really. 

That Strange Tales 97 brings a good price on its own.

Also set me anxious as I never got round to grabbing a TOS 30-such a great cover!-pence or no :tonofbricks:

20 minutes ago, rakehell said:

I'm afraid to ask what came second. :insane:

Let's just say cloth was touched :eek:

3 hours ago, rakehell said:

Anyone bidding on this?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/THE-X-MEN-1-1ST-APPEARANCE-1963-VG-KEY-ISSUE-SILVER-AGE-99p-MARVEL-COMICS-SALE/362706543302

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.1f290bba78094a7e0082e6f7b1282637.jpg

Looks a bit pricey, considering condition. It is an X-Men 1, but...

I was never a fan of the X-Men really. The same seller has pence copies of AF15 and ASM #1 up too. Both seen better days but the AF15 isn't too bad. 

4 hours ago, rakehell said:

Anyone bidding on this?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/THE-X-MEN-1-1ST-APPEARANCE-1963-VG-KEY-ISSUE-SILVER-AGE-99p-MARVEL-COMICS-SALE/362706543302

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.1f290bba78094a7e0082e6f7b1282637.jpg

Looks a bit pricey, considering condition. It is an X-Men 1, but...

I've been watching this and the seller's other offerings and I am consumed with envy but it is well out of my range.

I would say it's in the 3.0-3.5 range grade wise so is probably at the top end of guide at the moment on £1850. But with over 4 days to go I reckon there's still some prospective bidders waitng until nearer the end. For a Pence Variant to go over guide is a pretty exciting scenario.