• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel UK Price Variants
16 16

2,571 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, rakehell said:

That ASM1 & TOS39 both look like bargains so far.

These lots often rocket at the last minute. As John Morlar might say, "We shall see..."

1 minute ago, rakehell said:

Ok. Just had a closer look at the ASM1 & it's a rag, so maybe not such a bargain.

I still like the TOS39, though. Even if it is a bit greasy. (thumbsu

Rag? Rag!

More of a dishcloth I thought. Still, you wouldn't say no though, would you :grin:

I've never really been that fussed about the value of these books, as hopefully my threads show, but you can't deny this seller has done quite well with his tatty old pence keys  :headbang:

3.thumb.PNG.6d656a89ba692a5e2627c886fe8e1891.PNG

1 hour ago, Get Marwood & I said:

I've never really been that fussed about the value of these books, as hopefully my threads show, but you can't deny this seller has done quite well with his tatty old pence keys  :headbang:

3.thumb.PNG.6d656a89ba692a5e2627c886fe8e1891.PNG

The X-Men was advertised as VG and sold for guide. I didn't think it was VG But no doubt it will be sent off for a clean and press and re-advertised for a much higher sum.

Coincidentally another pence no 1 has just been put up on ebay UK which looks to be in a better condition. The seller is toffeemad and the item number is 133127965372 (I'm sorry but I don't know how to put links into these posts).

Edited by Redshade

2 hours ago, rakehell said:

I spotted that. No question it's a nicer copy. Any guesses where it will finish up?

Deptford?

9 hours ago, rakehell said:

I spotted that. No question it's a nicer copy. Any guesses where it will finish up?

Well if the other went for £2661 this surely has to go higher than that? The seller told me that he had 2,3 and 4 waiting to be listed.

3 minutes ago, Tobytotts said:

Nice thread,I’ve just been reading it from the start ...epic ! and what a result with the new notification on the cgc slabs 👏👏👏. Over the last couple of years I’ve been slipping in my pence copies into group discussions and they either don’t get noticed or it leads onto a good discussion about what they are...could the penny dreadful finally be coming home to roost !?!?

Jesus, you made it all the way through and haven't slit your wrists? Commendable.

Welcome Toby. Nice to see another visitor to Penceville. The 'PD' phrase is banned here by the way. We prefer 'dish cloth' 

Welcome, welcome...:headbang:

9 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

. The 'PD' phrase is banned here by the way. We prefer 'dish cloth' 

Sorry about the PD slip of the tongue....I thought dish cloth only applies to DC pennies from heaB0E82F7D-A04C-4108-AFDE-371DF28DF1A0.thumb.jpeg.1baf68eaa82afa118577bf6aa7d5ab69.jpegven 

1 minute ago, Tobytotts said:

Sorry about the PD slip of the tongue....I thought dish cloth only applies to DC pennies from heaB0E82F7D-A04C-4108-AFDE-371DF28DF1A0.thumb.jpeg.1baf68eaa82afa118577bf6aa7d5ab69.jpegven 

There's a thread for them around here somewhere....:headbang:

7 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

I saved this image a while back and now can't for the life of me remember where it was from...

1863990902_NoPriceASM1.thumb.PNG.cbb5cc483f83b61e8b9fab71a90947f5.PNG

Steve have you tried a reverse search in Google images to see if anything matches?