• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel UK Price Variants
16 16

2,571 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Kevin.J said:

Not looking at it in hand it doesnt, the scan lights it up

Sorry, can't talk. Inking me pence copies as we speak... 

8 minutes ago, Redshade said:

It seems that the seller doesn't know either. I've just received this reply :

Hi Stephen,
Actually I'm not 100% sure. Have almost every spider man comic, even your Super Spider-Man & super heroes, like the horizontal an old magazine editions.
Definitely not one of those, l picked it up for a few hundred less than the start price about 5 yrs ago. As it intrigues me as an oddity and honestly l never opened the CGC seal to look.
There's another 4.5 refurbished someone posted for about a Grand more up for the list price but doesn't say UK edition with the American .12price on definitely unique and unusual from cgc.
Either it's an error or a misprint ie. British comic with a US cover touched up.
Honestly Steph I'm glad someone from your side of the pond is interested as its been my one favorite comic, displayed in an antique glass cabinet as simply a conversation piece for the last half a decade!
Rare refurb at a reducible price to start just for the possibility of a one of a kind kinda factor, of course international shipping an insurance included.
Thanks!
Rob

Refurbished? Is it a settee or what? :bigsmile:

4 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Refurbished? Is it a settee or what? :bigsmile:

And who the hell is "Steph"?

I would not touch a dreaded purple label with the proverbial barge pole, let alone one that had been counterfeited.:whatthe:

Just now, Redshade said:

And who the hell is "Steph"?

I would not touch a dreaded purple label with the proverbial barge pole, let alone one that had been counterfeited.:whatthe:

That's refurbished Steph :)

That's refurbished Steph :)

Were I the devilish imp of yesteryear I might have pranked the seller by telling him that offering to sell counterfeited goods to the UK would result in his collar being felt by Plod and probable incarceration in the Tower.

1 minute ago, Redshade said:

Were I the devilish imp of yesteryear I might have pranked the seller by telling him that offering to sell counterfeited goods to the UK would result in his collar being felt by Plod and probable incarceration in the Tower.

I'd do time in the Tower.Historic vacation,brag to my hipster friends,be the envy of Ontario.

1 hour ago, Redshade said:

Well beware of the ravens, they go for the eyes you know, particularly psychedelic flashing ones.

I'll send word via the murder I've been caring for all these years in the back lot.Big family

Some of this gang have roosted in my back lot for decades,hear them every dawn,see them come home every night.

21 hours ago, porcupine48 said:

I'll send word via the murder I've been caring for all these years in the back lot.Big family

Some of this gang have roosted in my back lot for decades,hear them every dawn,see them come home every night.

👍🏻

On 2/14/2020 at 3:46 PM, porcupine48 said:

I have a friend who does the same thing with a murder at her work. She's been caring for them for years. She does the payroll and is a total Goth Demon and everyone is afraid of her....they arrive at work and she gives them the evil eye as she feeds them.

7 minutes ago, Kramerica said:

I have a friend who does the same thing with a murder at her work. She's been caring for them for years. She does the payroll and is a total Goth Demon and everyone is afraid of her....they arrive at work and she gives them the evil eye as she feeds them.

They're really quite smart and likely love her(the boids).Ours caw outside my chambers window to say hi,leave shiny stuff on the window ledge,sort of like this

And to stay a bit on topic,here's a lovely from my fave fellow to get UK books from Batmiesta

cmpZ8ca.jpg?2

I love crows. Pop back into the thread and you'll see the occasional reference to Mr Friendly Crow, an old rookie friend of mine who visits once in a while MFC.gif.56b321a9af535110dbf4fff86d4e4674.gif

Fun day at the comic fair yesterday. Might do some acquisition posting later...

15 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

I love crows. Pop back into the thread and you'll see the occasional reference to Mr Friendly Crow, an old rookie friend of mine who visits once in a while.

Fun day at the comic fair yesterday. Might do some acquisition posting later...

I expect and hope to awaken to shiny new scores of delightful delights.

3 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

I expect and hope to awaken to shiny new scores of delightful delights.

:bigsmile:

Don't get your hopes up Jim. That big round yellow thing's appeared for the first time in ages so I might have to go out instead. I say might...

11 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

:bigsmile:

Don't get your hopes up Jim. That big round yellow thing's appeared for the first time in ages so I might have to go out instead. I say might...

Sun in Englandville in Fubrurarary? No way!

It looks like this here-this is noon!

86700637_632966837453575_745586088565171

I lie,it was close to midnight.

On 5/9/2019 at 5:24 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

I picked up a copy of issue #130 of the UK reprint title, Spider-Man Comics Weekly recently, which reprints part of the story from ASM #96 and with which it shares a cover. I owned it as a kid and spotted it again recently online and felt nostalgic. Like you do.

Anyway, something about it was nagging me. Something was different. So I compared it to the cover of ASM #96 (pence copy obviously) and aside of the obvious colouring differences, and the fact that it's daytime on the reprint cover, I noticed that there is a lot more of the policeman - sorry, cop, on the right hand side than we're used to seeing:

96p.thumb.jpg.5acd8e07c4fbd4cea58504e7ef6eec06.jpg scw.thumb.jpg.77fc218ca462574129fe95c844c8b5eb.jpg

That's a good inch extra of cop there. So I wonder if the original art has the 'full cop', or did someone add a bit for the reprints oversize cover? 

Less Copper, more bloke on the left...

V0Xr4s3_d.jpg.7012446437653f8fcf4a5be34207f835.jpg

Less Copper, more bloke on the left...

V0Xr4s3_d.jpg.7012446437653f8fcf4a5be34207f835.jpg

I think that this has been discussed on these boards and elsewhere before. With one insufficiently_thoughtful_person claiming that the overseas publishers commisioned artists to add an extra inch to the edge of the covers to accomodate the wider size of foreign reprints (tens of thousands of them!). This is  a stupid idea as UK publishers could have blown up the original art to fit larger covers.

The most reasonable explanation I have read was that US artists were still using standard (ie GA) size boards and that they had to get rid of some of the art to accomodate the smaller SA and modern sized comics.

6 minutes ago, Redshade said:

I think that this has been discussed on these boards and elsewhere before. With one insufficiently_thoughtful_person claiming that the overseas publishers commisioned artists to add an extra inch to the edge of the covers to accomodate the wider size of foreign reprints (tens of thousands of them!). This is  a stupid idea as UK publishers could have blown up the original art to fit larger covers.

The most reasonable explanation I have read was that US artists were still using standard (ie GA) size boards and that they had to get rid of some of the art to accomodate the smaller SA and modern sized comics.

PS. This means that the UK and other foreign publishers would have received the full (larger) artwork which the US publishers had to crop. This "extra" artwork can be seen on (tens of?) thousands of UK and other foreign reprints.