• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel UK Price Variants
16 16

2,571 posts in this topic

Evening all :)

I managed to pick up my own copy of JIM #65:

65.thumb.jpg.cf90ce30959b02ca929a5ff9eba1110a.jpg

Aint she nice :)

I still find it amazing that this book was on the missing list for ten years and then surfaced about four times in the space of one year. I like it when that happens, as it shows that you can never say never and that little surprises may be just around the corner. There's a joke in there somewhere.

I have a few more surprises to post. It's been a very fruitful period this last few weeks in Penceville. That's another thing I find with comics. Nothing for ages and then everything comes at once. There's a joke in there too I shouldn't wonder...

Cheeow

14 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Evening all :)

I managed to pick up my own copy of JIM #65:

65.thumb.jpg.cf90ce30959b02ca929a5ff9eba1110a.jpg

Aint she nice :)

I still find it amazing that this book was on the missing list for ten years and then surfaced about four times in the space of one year. I like it when that happens, as it shows that you can never say never and that little surprises may be just around the corner. There's a joke in there somewhere.

I have a few more surprises to post. It's been a very fruitful period this last few weeks in Penceville. That's another thing I find with comics. Nothing for ages and then everything comes at once. There's a joke in there too I shouldn't wonder...

Cheeow

Very nice indeed Steve. It's a very decent looking copy.

22 minutes ago, Redshade said:

Very nice indeed Steve. It's a very decent looking copy.

Cheers Stephen. It's the nicest I've seen so far. Most of the others had writing on them and such like. A few more to post later. 

40 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

gary.PNG.92d2f5ee36b527ec015b65512dbee224.PNG

....and could you not have picked one of these Gary?

Sorry if I've let the UK down, but Silver Surfer #10 was the one that got me started on my comic road to ruin and as you know it doesn't exist as a pence or even a pence stamped. 

1 minute ago, GARYSTAR said:

Sorry if I've let the UK down, but Silver Surfer #10 was the one that got me started on my comic road to ruin and as you know it doesn't exist as a pence or even a pence stamped. 

I was kiddin Gary. Cool comic, regardless of currency (thumbsu

On 10/18/2019 at 4:58 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

...and could you not have picked one of these Gary?

Perhaps I could have used this one.. it is Silver Surfer #10 and has pence and pennies? Steve you might notice some extra page art on the left (and a guard MIA) which ties in with another of your threads.

img047.jpg

6 minutes ago, GARYSTAR said:

Perhaps I could have used this one.. it is Silver Surfer #10 and has pence and pennies? Steve you might notice some extra page art on the left (and a guard MIA) which ties in with another of your threads.

img047.jpg

Cor, that's a goodun Gary. I do like a dual priced Alan with extra cover art. And both prices in pence! The Gods of comics are smiling on it - make them happy and change that avatar! :cloud9:

14 hours ago, AJD said:

Love me some dual priced goodness. In Feb 1966 Australia moved from old style pounds, shillings and pence to US style dollars and cents. Here's one from the transition time.

No231.jpg.b0b39dac94f934c09c907c5e7725267c.jpg

Very nice. And the correct spelling of favourites too!