• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Microchamber Paper MIA

7 posts in this topic

Microchamber Paper MIA
For reasons I don't want to bore everyone with, I had to crack open two slabs today.  I cut the books out of their plastic seal and flipped through them. To my surprise, I found no microchamber paper sheet in either book.  The books I cracked open are:

Superman #50 DCBS Edition, 5/16, Cert #0293631009
Batman: Rebirth #1 Variant Cover, 8/16, Cert #0290417009

I contacted Bree and Brittany asking if microchamber paper was no longer being used. Bree replied and said that yes, microchamber paper was still being used. 

So just for my own curiosity, I cracked open another slab:

Batman: Rebirth #1 Third Printing, 9/16, Cert #0294122002

I contacted Bree and explained to her that this slab didn't have microchamber paper in it either.  I mean, one is a coincidence but three slabs?  Bree replied and insisted microchamber paper is being used.

Now, I'm not asking anyone to run out and start cracking slabs open, but if anyone has run into this also, I would be curious to know.

Thanks!

WD

In my experience, books published the last decade or so (IDK the exact cut off date) encapsulated by CGC do not have MCP.  The paper quality is much higher now than old school newsprint comics and it's viewed as not needed. 

1 hour ago, Tony S said:

In my experience, books published the last decade or so (IDK the exact cut off date) encapsulated by CGC do not have MCP.  The paper quality is much higher now than old school newsprint comics and it's viewed as not needed. 

This makes sense.