• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

May Heritage Auction
3 3

313 posts in this topic

23 minutes ago, BCarter27 said:

What gets me is the $5k+ for that Jon Sable cover! What is happening?

I thought the same thing! Crazy! Last Sable cover I bought was less than a year ago under 2k.

Some just bought a Layton recreation of a FF Index cover for $3346

And that GORGEOUS Leonardi Cloak and Dagger went just north of $15k.  

Ended up getting a Kamandi page at the very ceiling of what I was willing to pay.  Probably overspent by a a few hundred, but I can live with that. I think Jack is in a league of his own as a comic artist and I really wanted to get something by him. While it isn't an action page and doesn't feature any of his most famous creations, I think it represents his trademark style quite well and I get a kick out of the sheer goofiness of the story here.

Gg9F0x1.png

On the downside, my OA budget is tapped for the foreseeable future. Ramen and beans diet from now on.

20 minutes ago, comix4fun said:

Have to say I watch some of these and they seem to close slowly, this one just shut down suddenly, not that I was bidding - do folk think this result is an outlier?

Edited by mtlevy1
clarity

19 minutes ago, comix4fun said:

I almost bid before I realized it was a recreation-  It's not out of the realm of possibility that the winner chased it with out reading the fine print.

Just now, MYNAMEISLEGION said:

I almost bid before I realized it was a recreation-  It's not out of the realm of possibility that the winner chased it with out reading the fine print.

Seeing as you could email Bob today, offer him 1/3 that sale price, and he'd have it done for you in a week....I'd say you're probably right.

36 minutes ago, MYNAMEISLEGION said:

I won one of the Starslayer  #2 DPS splashes for a decent price...:banana:

Those went downright cheap.    Well bought.

26 minutes ago, Matches_Malone said:

It sold at a decent price.

I thought it was a great price, if you consider that it was the first appearance of all of those characters - it was the "BA 12" of the Boneyard universe xD

5 hours ago, Matches_Malone said:

Could be residual from the recent auction of Warlord Covers

I am a big Jon Sable fan and really wanted that cover; I have no interest in Warlord.

I stuck in a bid of just over $5K including the juice, figuring that should be more than enough to win it.  But, somebody pipped me in the live session by one bid increment.  I'm pretty sure this one would have ended in the 2s or 3s at the very most without my bids.

Just a case of two guys really wanting that particular cover and not indicative of any sea change in the Sable/Grell market.  

Edited by delekkerste

5 hours ago, comix4fun said:

I bid a little over $11K and wasn't too surprised to be outbid.  It's a gorgeous piece, but I also think it's a very good example of a piece that wouldn't have been valued anywhere near this price a few years ago, but now can attract multiple bids in the $10-15K range because the stuff that used to be $15K is now stickered at $30K. 

4 hours ago, lobrac said:

I won the Scout Handbook #1 painted cover by Tim Truman. The Scout Retailer Poster which sold right before it was a stunner and sold well.

As a bidder on the Handbook I'm glad it's going to a good home and isn't just going to be flipped.

I've been looking for a reasonably priced Scout page since I started collecting. Congratz!:golfclap:

6 hours ago, BCarter27 said:

Ugh. I just remembered sales tax.

Yeah.  Sales tax + the juice.  I always dread when I see something on Heritage that I have to have --- vs something on Clink.  And now that Kirby stuff isn't sold on Clink any longer... :frown: