• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

May Heritage Auction
3 3

313 posts in this topic

On 4/17/2017 at 8:11 AM, suspense39 said:

A ton of good Kirby in this auction!

What can a guy expect to pay for a decent Kirby page?

I'm not talking about the top-of-the-line FF/Cap/Thor stuff that goes for six-seven figures, but basically just any decent panel page from one of his Marvel runs or a nice page from his DC stuff.

1 hour ago, npasto said:

What can a guy expect to pay for a decent Kirby page?

I'm not talking about the top-of-the-line FF/Cap/Thor stuff that goes for six-seven figures, but basically just any decent panel page from one of his Marvel runs or a nice page from his DC stuff.

Look at the Heritage archive, they have sold a ton of stuff

1 hour ago, batman_fan said:

Look at the Heritage archive, they have sold a ton of stuff

I'm watching some of the current auctions with interest. I checked old sales last night, but many of them are from so long ago that it would seem the prices are no longer relevant.

6 hours ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

Well, early predictions on the NYX 3 cover may prove true after all.  It's at $13K now ?

I am curious if anyone has ever looked into whether there is even a weak correlation between the final hammer price and the final proxy price before it goes live. I assume there is some correlation there.

On 5/13/2017 at 9:27 PM, npasto said:

I'm watching some of the current auctions with interest. I checked old sales last night, but many of them are from so long ago that it would seem the prices are no longer relevant.

Arrange the results by date, latest first. 

I think my highest that I could imagine it going at was $20k - I'm sort of surprised, but not really. There is almost no way of telling what an original image might be worth to one or two someones, the hardest part is removing my own biases.

On 5/12/2017 at 4:52 PM, Matches_Malone said:

Brunner Covers do not come up often. And this one has the damsel in distress.  Fear 16 sold  for $29,000 last year. 

Fear #16, when you see the original artwork, is leaps and bounds above anything I've seen from that run come to auction before or since from run or from Man-Thing.

Just now, Matches_Malone said:

Brunner was phenomenal during the 70s

I think his work during that time period stands the test of time for sure. It's been under-appreciated until recently. 

That Fear 16 for example. I've seen that cover image dozens of times over the years, but it wasn't until I saw it in its comic art form, with all those brilliant tonal qualities and fine details that I could truly appreciate it. 

my goodness some of the prices on these platinum night auctions look like ending prices.    If they maintain this trajectory there will be some huge prices tonight.