• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2017 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Round of 128
2 2

223 posts in this topic

Are all the rounds filled with books already scanned?  Hard enough to grade a book outside a slab but in a slab it's a guess for me.

8 hours ago, TheGeneral said:

Sweet, glad to have a bye! Recorded my grades for practice though. Good luck to everyone

After seeing your seeding round score I think the rest of us are happy you have a bye.  Very nice score!

1 hour ago, 1Cool said:

Are all the rounds filled with books already scanned?  Hard enough to grade a book outside a slab but in a slab it's a guess for me.

Somehow I forgot to scan the post-1975 book before submitting them.  All of the post-1975 books will be in slabs.

33 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Somehow I forgot to scan the post-1975 book before submitting them.  All of the post-1975 books will be in slabs.

Oh well - everyone will be grading thru a slab so it will be a fair contest. 

I didn't see anyone else mention it but when I click on the images I do not get a large/larger scan...in fact I get a smaller scan.  I am no tech nerd so I have no troubleshooting skills.  Anyway...if I lose I'm blaming this on this feature.  If I win, I'm also blaming it on this feature as in "thank God I didn't look at those mega scans and get the complete mind eff" :insane:

1 hour ago, trmoore54 said:

I didn't see anyone else mention it but when I click on the images I do not get a large/larger scan...in fact I get a smaller scan.  I am no tech nerd so I have no troubleshooting skills.  Anyway...if I lose I'm blaming this on this feature.  If I win, I'm also blaming it on this feature as in "thank God I didn't look at those mega scans and get the complete mind eff" :insane:

When you click on image and get popup image, at bottom left is "full size".  Click that button and then image opens in new page (for me, or it might remain on same page some browser).  Then click the new image to see actual full size.

Edited by grebal

1 hour ago, 01TheDude said:
1 hour ago, LordRahl said:

Did I get kicked out? I don't see my name in there anywhere???

I don't see you on the list of results for the seeding round either

Reveal hidden contents

sPSHS6.jpg

though that list was called "very temporary"

I sent him a PM to straighten this out.

12 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

I sent him a PM to straighten this out.

Hi. Just wondering if you got my grades for this round. I sent them via message but received no message from you.  Thanks

Edited by John R

15 minutes ago, John R said:

Hi. Just wondering if you got my grades for this round. I sent them via message but received no message from you.  Thanks

15 minutes ago, John R said:

I haven't entered any grades yet.  But will send out confirmation PMs when I do.

23 hours ago, sckao said:

There is a mistake in the matchups... jcjames (5) vs jhutton2 (12) is correct.

AJD (2) vs jhutton (15) is incorrect. AJD (2) has a BYE.

Fixing it...

Cool - I did wonder.

Now please burn my submitted grades without reading. lol

ANOTHER MISTAKE :frustrated:

W16227 was listed twice, once as a 1 Seed and once as a 6 Seed. The 6 Seed is really Unca Scrooge. So I hope Unca Scrooge is getting his grades in... :sick:

THIS SUPERSEDES ALL PREVIOUS BRACKETS UNTIL MORE MISTAKES ARE FOUND:

MarchMadness-2017-1A.jpg

MarchMadness-2017-1B3.jpg

Edited by sckao