• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When will the "This Score Needs Fixing" Thread be fixed?
1 1

10 posts in this topic

That thread has been locked for nearly 13 months now, and there are certainly some scores that still need to be looked at. Today I noticed that my CGC 6.5 Flash #139 was worth a measly 46 points, or roughly $10 per registry point earned based on recent values.

Please update us as to when we can start complaining about registry scores again. lol

On 3/12/2017 at 1:14 PM, mysterio said:

That thread has been locked for nearly 13 months now, and there are certainly some scores that still need to be looked at. Today I noticed that my CGC 6.5 Flash #139 was worth a measly 46 points, or roughly $10 per registry point earned based on recent values.

Please update us as to when we can start complaining about registry scores again. lol

I thought it wasn't supposed to be based on values? (shrug)  If so, then I have a laundry list of books to get updated lol

Jerome

29 minutes ago, Lethal_Collector said:

I thought it wasn't supposed to be based on values? (shrug)  If so, then I have a laundry list of books to get updated lol

Jerome

It's not wholly determined by dollar values, but points should reflect a lot of factors and value is considered. I don't think anyone would argue that a $400 book should be worth 40 points., nor a $15 book worth 1000 points. It's never going to be perfect but points should broadly reflect relative desirability and that drives price. 

9 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

Indeed. It's literally been years since they have been able to adjust scores. At least give us a status. IMO, they just told us there was a 'bug' as it's just too much maintenance to try and keep up. I honestly can't blame them, the backlog of requests was crazy. I don't think the registry is needed for their business model anymore. I think the modern and SS collectors use it more than us vintage collectors. Oh well.