• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Emerald City Comicon -- March 1-4, 2018
1 1

81 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, Shaolingoat said:

I'll post a few wall pics once I get back home tomorrow.  This was my first time at the Seattle con, and both my son and I were very impressed. One of the better selections of GA books I've seen lately--particularly from some of the local dealers.  Will be keeping this on the short list of shows to attend next year. 

One of the dealers had a new horror collection in.  I looked through 3 or 4 boxes... Shock Suspense, Tales of Suspense, and Weird Fantasy to name a few. 

One day was not enough, should had went for two days. That was what my friend tell me, especially when he is broke out of his fun budget in one day! lol

i got two of my favourite comic books by Stan Sakai and Richard/Wendy Pini. Took few photos of myself with cosplayers in rare never seen  costumes. One come as Usgai Yimjimbo in homage to Stan Sakai!  I saw that fellow far in the halls up from 3rd level to 4th level. I picked up my pace in chasing the white rabbit. All the way to see him arrived at Stan’s booth. 

Prefect timing! Got myself with Usagi and Sakai in photo. After that, the cosplayer wandered away. 

Fun day, for sure! I will return next year with all my luck saved up. 

Edited by Fan Boy

On 3/3/2018 at 11:51 AM, HighRadArt said:

Close up...

IMG_0800.thumb.JPG.c2c3ead16c972facb96ac9f179baf826.JPG

Congrats on the Jae Lee piece, I too was able to finally get one myself too. At ECCC being an exhibitor at the show means I get very little free time but I really wanted a Jae Lee piece for my collection so I made the time to get over to him and get on his list.

7 hours ago, mysterio said:

Looks like a tremendous show!

I obviously can't speak from a seller's standpoint, but as a collector this was a strong destination con in my opinion.  I was impressed by the GA/SA selection that both the national and local dealers presented.  The multiple levels of the convention center itself allowed for nice transitions between retail, gaming, and cosplay events.  Finally given that the convention center is on 7th Ave and Union, you're close to the Pike Place Market and other retail offerings.  

11 hours ago, Fan Boy said:

Didn’t know you were in that panel. I was in there with my friend in front row. Good informative on what new series will come out. (thumbsu

I got so busy with interviews and recording the show that I missed the short box meet up. :(