• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Emerald City Comicon -- March 1-4, 2018
1 1

81 posts in this topic

The better question is when will the tickets be online to buy? 

I guess it will be like as last year when tickets go poof within 15 mins. Two years ago, was what less one hour?

Wonder what this year be like?hm  I'm trying to score a weekend pass, not 4 separate day tickets. 

Edited by Fan Boy

Just found this thread. I was on the site the moment the tickets went on sale. Tossed in the queue. Waited forever. 4-day passes sold out. Got Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. A little bummed out it. Also, just to add to my first-world-problems, they wouldn't issue me a press pass either. *sigh*

23 hours ago, Yoshi said:

Just found this thread. I was on the site the moment the tickets went on sale. Tossed in the queue. Waited forever. 4-day passes sold out. Got Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. A little bummed out it. Also, just to add to my first-world-problems, they wouldn't issue me a press pass either. *sigh*

3 days better than 0 days! 

I bought the second tix went on sale and was able to grab a couple 4 day passes but it's crazy how fast ECCC sells out now. Only a couple years ago you could get 4-day passes easily. 

2 hours ago, shortboxed said:

3 days better than 0 days! 

I bought the second tix went on sale and was able to grab a couple 4 day passes but it's crazy how fast ECCC sells out now. Only a couple years ago you could get 4-day passes easily. 

Part of me wonders if they've reduced the number of 4 day passes. I know attendance is huge and everyone wants tickets to this. But I was there the second the tickets went on sale. thats where my thinking of them reducing the number of tickets came from.

Anyway, last Saturday was the Bellingham comic con. It was great smalls how.

5 minutes ago, Yoshi said:

Part of me wonders if they've reduced the number of 4 day passes. I know attendance is huge and everyone wants tickets to this. But I was there the second the tickets went on sale. thats where my thinking of them reducing the number of tickets came from.

Anyway, last Saturday was the Bellingham comic con. It was great smalls how.

You are not far off on your thinking. Last year I asked that question to one of ECCC ticket managers. I was told that they did had reduced the number of 4 day weekend passes. In my face, I was there in the show. Explained me the reason was to increase the sales of Day tickets to maximize their profit in selling tickets. And to stop the scrapers from hawking on streets with tickets to sell. 

I had seen that. That was why they took down the VIP option. As you can see it was a success last year and this year, it seems. 

This is strange:frustrated:  I never received an email for C2E2 or ECCC tickets going on sale :facepalm:  I've been going to these and NYCC for several years now.  Even double checked by spam folder but no email in there either....:censored:

Luckily I managed to get 3 of 4 days for ECCC. Anyone have a spare Saturday ticket? :foryou:

Edited by Holden Caulfield

On 11/12/2017 at 10:03 PM, Holden Caulfield said:

This is strange:frustrated:  I never received an email for C2E2 or ECCC tickets going on sale :facepalm:  I've been going to these and NYCC for several years now.  Even double checked by spam folder but no email in there either....:censored:

Luckily I managed to get 3 of 4 days for ECCC. Anyone have a spare Saturday ticket? :foryou:

Last year Full passes and Saturday sold out fairly soon as well (though not this fast). Anyway, full pass and Saturday tickets were abundant on Ebay leading up to the show, and some just slightly over original price when it got real close. I wouldn't worry about it, but keep your eyes peeled on Ebay as we get closer and when passes have been mailed out and are in hand. These are very easily sold as no names are involved on the ticket and they all look the same. 

Question to Seattle boardies,  which parking lot garage can I park my vehicle for all day? I would like to be near ECCC to walk with a friend on Friday. I am trying to google to see which one has good day rates. 

On 1/16/2018 at 6:00 AM, Fan Boy said:

Question to Seattle boardies,  which parking lot garage can I park my vehicle for all day? I would like to be near ECCC to walk with a friend on Friday. I am trying to google to see which one has good day rates. 

There's public parking garages all around the convention center but they get full pretty quick, so my best advice is get there early.  What day will you be going?

10 hours ago, HighRadArt said:

There's public parking garages all around the convention center but they get full pretty quick, so my best advice is get there early.  What day will you be going?

Friday March 2nd. My plan is to be there by 5:30 am to park and get in line. My friend and I are debating if we should leave Thursday evening and find a spot to sleep overnight. I had seen online where they said overnight parking is allowed on city streets in Seattle. 

Hotels are already ridiculously expensive now around ECCC in area.

On 1/18/2018 at 8:31 AM, Fan Boy said:

Friday March 2nd. My plan is to be there by 5:30 am to park and get in line. My friend and I are debating if we should leave Thursday evening and find a spot to sleep overnight. I had seen online where they said overnight parking is allowed on city streets in Seattle. 

Hotels are already ridiculously expensive now around ECCC in area.

Hardcore.