• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Emerald City Comicon -- March 1-4, 2018
1 1

81 posts in this topic

On 2/21/2018 at 12:19 PM, HighRadArt said:

Ticket registered. Parking reserved and sketchbook ready. Looking forward to next Friday and making this 8 years in a row...

2018 marks my 15th year as an exhibitor, and as usual I am nowhere near ready and set-up is Tuesday. Looking to add a few artists to my sketchbooks as well. Those coming out this way to Seattle, weather here has been a bit colder than usual, while it changes rapidly, right now it looks like some rain, possibly snow for Friday, and then sunny on the weekend. Temps in the low 30's to mid 40's, but all of that could change by the time the convention starts. But regardless, plan for cold wet weather is the safe bet.

On ‎2018‎-‎02‎-‎21 at 12:19 PM, HighRadArt said:

Ticket registered. Parking reserved . Looking forward to next Friday.

Parking is a real pain in Seattle on Thurs and Friday near ECCC site when full-time workers and students fill (: downtown parking lots early.

Getting really excited for ECCC! Don't forget, we're hosting a comic book trade party on Saturday at 5pm. This can also just be a pseudo-boardie meetup. Bring some books to trade or just come hang out with other collectors and meet some boardies.

COMIC BOOK TRADE PARTY HOSTED BY SHORTBOXED

Mar 03, 2018, 5:30 PM - 6:30 PM

WSCC 307

Bring a box of comics to trade with other collectors! You can expect a fun, relaxed atmosphere for collectors to hang out, do some trading, and talk comics. Limit 1 short box per person to ensure enough space for everyone. Comics from every age are welcome. We'll have roundtables set up for you to display your books, and you can come and go as you please. Hosted by Shortboxed - visit us at shortboxed.com or connect with us on Instagram @shortboxed.

If anyone is at this con and can post some pictures, many of us would love to see them.  Also, if anyone can get a photo of Jaime Hernandez' table.... I would love to see it. I am a big Los Bros Hernandez fan. Thanks!!

21 hours ago, Ron C. said:

If anyone is at this con and can post some pictures, many of us would love to see them.  Also, if anyone can get a photo of Jaime Hernandez' table.... I would love to see it. I am a big Los Bros Hernandez fan. Thanks!!

Went by their table but nobody home. Try again later...

This is my wonderful haul from Emerald City CC.  Jaime and Gilberto Hernandez were pioneers in the Small Press Movement of the early "80's. Their Love and Rockets (1981) edition is iconic. Here is a less frequently seen 2nd printing from 1982 with a really nice remark from Jaime Hernandez . Thank you to Rich Henn for the logistics (leg work!). If you are there, please visit Jaime's table and check things out... I envy you.

Love and Rockets.jpg

ECCC is awesome so far! Will be sharing lots of photos here. Also, the comic book trading party that we're hosting is today at 5:30pm. Hope to meet some boardies there! 

COMIC BOOK TRADE PARTY HOSTED BY SHORTBOXED

Mar 03, 2018, 5:30 PM - 6:30 PM

WSCC 307

Bring a box of comics to trade with other collectors! You can expect a fun, relaxed atmosphere for collectors to hang out, do some trading, and talk comics. Limit 1 short box per person to ensure enough space for everyone. Comics from every age are welcome. We'll have roundtables set up for you to display your books, and you can come and go as you please. Hosted by Shortboxed - visit us at shortboxed.com or connect with us on Instagram @shortboxed.

14 hours ago, Ron C. said:

This is my wonderful haul from Emerald City CC.  Jaime and Gilberto Hernandez were pioneers in the Small Press Movement of the early "80's. Their Love and Rockets (1981) edition is iconic. Here is a less frequently seen 2nd printing from 1982 with a really nice remark from Jaime Hernandez . Thank you to Rich Henn for the logistics (leg work!). If you are there, please visit Jaime's table and check things out... I envy you.

Love and Rockets.jpg

If I had known about Love and Rockets I would had asked for a sketch ($60 for a partial). doh!  Unfortunately for some reason, he didn't have anything at his table. 

I'll post a few wall pics once I get back home tomorrow.  This was my first time at the Seattle con, and both my son and I were very impressed. One of the better selections of GA books I've seen lately--particularly from some of the local dealers.  Will be keeping this on the short list of shows to attend next year.