• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East Coast Snowstorm Pics Go Here

76 posts in this topic

39 minutes ago, Patriot6 said:

Holy F that looks good! Was it?

Amazing.  I don't know what happened.  She just started speaking Korean and they brought food.  I had no complaints.  It was delicious. 

9 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Amazing.  I don't know what happened.  She just started speaking Korean and they brought food.  I had no complaints.  It was delicious. 

Authentic! Any cool Korean booze that no one knows about?

14 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

NYC was quite a slushy mess.  There is nothing like stepping foot on solid ground then bringing your other foot over just to sink into the slush.  

Cold foot... 

Did grab some Korean BBQ up on 32nd today though... I let my friend order as she is Korean.  She picked and ordered for both of us. That made the cold foot easier to deal with. :D

Screen Shot 2017-03-15 at 10.43.53 PM.png

Where did you go Buzz? We usually alternate between Jongro BBQ and Dons Bogam, but I'm down to try a new K Town spot.

22 hours ago, cms1 said:

You have the sleet to thank for that.  It put an ice shell and everything and made snow removal a pain in the .

My roof has an inch of ice on it.  I am terrified of leaks because I know that roof maybe has 5 years left on it before i need to replace it (it can't take more shingles, i need to take it down to the studs and start over).  i already spent $6k replacing a section of it.

17 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

I love going to those Korean places in the 30s in Manhattan but when you're with a bunch of people the bill adds up fast

but be careful with don bogam!  the food is terrific, but those wacky tables.. they almost needed a crane to get me out of them (I won't even try to describe them, but they must be korean torture devices) as I am fat and not flexible.  my friend who is 6' 2" and a bit muscle bound also had a tough time.  my friend who is 5' 6" had no problems at all.

Edited by the blob

9 hours ago, JAM_NYC said:

Where did you go Buzz? We usually alternate between Jongro BBQ and Dons Bogam, but I'm down to try a new K Town spot.

Seoul Garden - she said that is where her family goes. 

32 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

9 hours ago, JAM_NYC said:

Seoul Garden - she said that is where her family goes. 

Cool, we'll check it out. :tink:

6 hours ago, the blob said:

I love going to those Korean places in the 30s in Manhattan but when you're with a bunch of people the bill adds up fast

but be careful with don bogam!  the food is terrific, but those wacky tables.. they almost needed a crane to get me out of them (I won't even try to describe them, but they must be korean torture devices) as I am fat and not flexible.  my friend who is 6' 2" and a bit muscle bound also had a tough time.  my friend who is 5' 6" had no problems at all.

I am tall so it is difficult for me to get into some of those booths as well at a height of about 6'1"-2" myself.   My brother is a smidge below 6'4" so he has some serious issues when it comes to doing anything from going to the movies or attending a ballgame. 

On Wednesday, March 15, 2017 at 11:52 PM, Patriot6 said:

OB is a great pilsner beer....if you like pilsners....not sure about booze, I categorize booze as brown liquor....

On 3/15/2017 at 11:52 PM, Patriot6 said:

We just had water with our meal.  :sorry:

Edited by Buzzetta

On 2017-03-16 at 11:24 PM, Buzzetta said:

I am tall so it is difficult for me to get into some of those booths as well at a height of about 6'1"-2" myself.   My brother is a smidge below 6'4" so he has some serious issues when it comes to doing anything from going to the movies or attending a ballgame. 

The secret is to have a short wife, I just take her leg room ;)