• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ILLUSTRATION collection?"
1 1

277 posts in this topic

On 6/18/2018 at 11:42 PM, skrilla1212 said:

The Prydain Chrinicles was my absolute favorite book series as a kid. I've always looked for Jody Lee's paperback painting from the last book, but this version was the tattered, worn paperback I first read. Found it on a French site thanks to comicarttracker.com and made my first illustration purchase. I love the pulpy nature of it. It's a beauty to behold by a Belgium artist named Huens.

IMG_0138.JPG

I really like this. Feels much older, like it belongs as a pulp cover. Here’s a Small painting by Earl Norem. A preliminary for some western magazine. 

673E348A-11E6-4180-92FF-9E2228CA9135.jpeg

20 hours ago, Pete Marino said:

After 3 or 4 years of working with him I was able to add 3 Vince Martin originals to my collection.

https://www.comicartfans.com/galleryroom.asp?gsub=193143

Here's my favorite one, who doesn't love a blind / Bio-Wizard / Juicer / Maxi-Killer?

Rifts - World Book 10 - Juicer Uprising - Pg 52 Maxi-Killer_sm.jpg

Is he a cousin of Lobster Man (from Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea)?

VL Lobster Man Claw.jpg

5 hours ago, Panelfan1 said:

A bit on the vintage side - excited to have gotten an Elvgren sketch. LINK HERE.

Missed out a few times - so this scratches off a big want list item.  One day - I may be fortunate to get a painting, but until then- couldn't be happier.

chyBAa3S_1210181412451gpadd.jpg

super...cong

2019 has begun with a 1950s magazine piece by Joe De Mers.  This one was from a story in the Saturday Evening Post.

Not sure why I enjoy old magazine art - but added another one.  If anyone out there have any to share- please do.

Comments welcome HERE.

8lGdHYfv_221118165009lola.jpg

1 hour ago, Panelfan1 said:

2019 has begun with a 1950s magazine piece by Joe De Mers.  This one was from a story in the Saturday Evening Post.

Not sure why I enjoy old magazine art - but added another one.  If anyone out there have any to share- please do.

Comments welcome HERE.

8lGdHYfv_221118165009lola.jpg

Nice DeMers  

I’ll have a great Perry Peterson for sale on my web site next week. 

MI

Picked these up on eBay (UK) several years ago.  Christmas Card artworks dating from the 1950s and 60s.  They were selling dirt cheap and I thought my missus might be happy if I had them framed and brought out at Christmas-time with the decorations bit.  Only problem is, they still reside in a filing cabinet (maybe one day) . . .

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

I never got around to sharing our Alan Lee prelim pencil in this thread...

https://www.comicartfans.com/LowryPiece.asp?Piece=9756

IdgV67Hp_0401191828151lowpadd.JPG

...but it bubbled up to front of mind this week because I found this print of the cover triptych to go with it!

1146506871_AlanLeeGormenghasttriptychcoverprint153.thumb.JPG.6ee7ed1dcf9e8359fab8acd4ea059aa7.JPG

The print is YUGE! I think it was a promo item sent out to bookstores by Penguin, but I could be wrong. All I know is in 15 years of collecting Alan Lee ephemera, I hadn't seen one. So I was very excited to get it to go with the prelim my wife and I acquired late last year. The pair are the closest we'll likely get to the original painting.