• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Contact Bill Watterson
1 1

19 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Brian Peck said:

Contact Bill Watterson

I am looking to contact Bill Watterson concerning a project. Any help would be appreciated.

I live about an hour from Chagrin Falls and visit the area weekly. I am always on the lookout, but I think I have a better chance of being struck by lightning than spotting Mr Watterson.  

The issue is the man is beyond selective with his projects. He stopped doing the most popular strip of the decade and took many sabbaticals because of stress and lack of desire to create inferior or "corporate" type work....also being worth 1/2 a billion dollars which could be brought to over a billion if he allowed character licensing will make it hard to get him interested in a project.  You would have better luck doing a deal with Mark Cuban than Watterson.

And yet he recently co-illustrated that strip and donated the art I believe for charity. The right gig is indeed elusive but not impossible, and Brian's no fool. (Cue Chevy reply.)

And I think you have equal chances of being struck by lightning as you do in running into Watterson in his home town. :sumo:

3 hours ago, Bird said:

And yet he recently co-illustrated that strip and donated the art I believe for charity. The right gig is indeed elusive but not impossible, and Brian's no fool. (Cue Chevy reply.)

And I think you have equal chances of being struck by lightning as you do in running into Watterson in his home town. :sumo:

Just saying that in the last 22 years the man has done a total of 2 interview and published 6 total drawings for various charities and for established cartoonists friends of his...As far as ive seen thats it. It would be hard to imagine that man would have contact info anyone reading this could acquire or that he would be willing to do interview 3 or drawing 7. Not saying it cant happen, but just its not likely.

On Wednesday, March 15, 2017 at 9:10 PM, zhamlau said:

Just saying that in the last 22 years the man has done a total of 2 interview and published 6 total drawings for various charities and for established cartoonists friends of his...As far as ive seen thats it.

So what's he been doing all day (serious question)?

Private studies? Writing books using a pen name? Doing Drawings that the world is not supposed to see?

It's hard to imagine an imaginative nature like him not commenting on anything (but in his own household).

On 3/27/2017 at 7:52 AM, Pickie said:

Writing books using a pen name*? Doing Drawings that the world is not supposed to see**?

(*) I only recently learned that he indeed - under his real name - contributed to the book about Richard Thompson.

And I only recently learned through the interview by Jenny Robb (from 2014, I think) that he is rather experimenting with fine arts than "doing drawings that the world is not supposed to see" (**), my apologies.

@Brian Peck: You still hanging on on a project with Bill Watterson? No need to reveal anything, just curious whether you managed to contact him?

Edited by Pickie
Interview seems to be from April, 2014.

@alxjhnsn: Thank you for your info, but I'm not interested in C&H original artwork. Watterson has left the comic art behind. He's beyond comics. I'd just be happy if he found himself a new way to tell a story or to share some impressions he has of today's life.

16 hours ago, alxjhnsn said:

If you'd like a little Bill Watterson C&H artwork, there's some coming up for auction this weekend at Heroescon. You do not need to be present to bid.

Is there a listing of items for sale? How does one bid if not there?

On 6/12/2018 at 11:57 PM, Pickie said:

(*) I only recently learned that he indeed - under his real name - contributed to the book about Richard Thompson.

And I only recently learned through the interview by Jenny Robb (from 2014, I think) that he is rather experimenting with fine arts than "doing drawings that the world is not supposed to see" (**), my apologies.

@Brian Peck: You still hanging on on a project with Bill Watterson? No need to reveal anything, just curious whether you managed to contact him?

I never had anything to do with a project involving Bill Watterson

37 minutes ago, Brian Peck said:

I never had anything to do with a project involving Bill Watterson

Thank you for answering that. Then I think it's all about my insufficient English.

On 3/14/2017 at 10:47 PM, Brian Peck said:

I am looking to contact Bill Watterson concerning a project.

I'm no native speaker. Never mind. :tink: