• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shiznit redux
1 1

82 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, buttock said:

Start my pile with this one 

Thanks Dan!

Tommy Looks At Farming - 1961 - 16 pages, paper cover, full size - very fine/near mint - cream/off-white pages - $60

Produced by The BF Goodrich Company, this giveaway promotes the positive contributions of agriculture on the American Economy. If farming was going strong BF Goodrich could sell more tractor tires!

salesthread194.jpg

salesthread195.jpg

Edited by MrBedrock

Chryslers Corp's Cars of 1959 - 1958 - 16 pages, paper covers, full size - near mint - white pages - $100

Dodge, Plymouth, Chrysler, Imperial and De Soto - they are all here. Big, sleek, finned gas guzzlers of the late '50s.

salesthread196.jpg

salesthread197.jpg

Special Agent - 1959 - 16 pages, paper covers, full size - very fine/ near mint - off-white pages - $40

Produced by the Association of American Railroads to be given out at schools, this comic demonstrated the different techniques used to police and protect the nation's rail systems. One of many giveaways produced by the railroad industry. I am listing this one because the subject matter is pretty cool, but if anyone is interested in other rail giveaways please send me a pm and I will get you a list of what is available.

salesthread198.jpg

salesthread199.jpg

Edited by MrBedrock
OCD

All Aboard, Mr. Lincoln - 1959 - 16 pages, paper cover, full size - near mint - off-white pages - $50

Something tells me we will not be seeing an "All Aboard, Mr. Trump" giveaway anytime soon.

salesthread200.jpg

salesthread201.jpg

The Future Is Now - 1969 - 24 pages, paper covers, full size - near mint - off-white/white pages - $75

Contains four short stories illustrating the importance of Social Security and The Social Security Administration.

salesthread202.jpg

salesthread203.jpg

You've Got To Have Grit - 1977 - 16 pages, paper covers,  5"X6.5" - very fine - off-white pages - $45

We've seen the ads in all of those comics we loved as kids. This is the comic about the the company!

salesthread204.jpg

salesthread205.jpg

Having A Wonderful Time This Vacation - 1955 - 16 pages, paper covers, full size - fine/very fine - off-white pages - $55

A Coca Cola production created as an entertaining way to give kids suggestions of things they could do on their summer vacations. Coincidentally many of those things involved drinking Coke! As an odd side note check out the word balloon on the cover....I think Alice Cooper might have borrowed that.

salesthread206.jpg

salesthread207.jpg

2 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

Having A Wonderful Time This Vacation - 1955 - 16 pages, paper covers, full size - fine/very fine - off-white pages - $55

A Coca Cola production created as an entertaining way to give kids suggestions of things they could do on their summer vacations. Coincidentally many of those things involved drinking Coke! As an odd side note check out the word balloon on the cover....I think Alice Cooper might have borrowed that.

salesthread206.jpg

salesthread207.jpg

"No more teachers' dirty looks!" was the way we used to finish it.

What's In It For You? - 1950? - 16 pages, paper covers, full size - very fine/near mint - cream/off-white pages - $45

Illustrating the many benefits of joining the National Guard. (If this is to be believed you will be swimming in hotties!:gossip: )

salesthread208.jpg

salesthread209.jpg

2 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

"No more teachers' dirty looks!" was the way we used to finish it.

Out for summer.

Out 'til Fall.

We might not come back at all.

1 minute ago, MrBedrock said:

What's In It For You? - 1950? - 16 pages, paper covers, full size - very fine/near mint - cream/off-white pages - $45

Illustrating the many benefits of joining the National Guard. (If this is to be believed you will be swimming in hotties!:gossip: )

salesthread208.jpg

salesthread209.jpg

I wonder if I'm too old to join. hm

Adventures in Jet Propulsion - 1947 - 16 pages, paper covers, full size - very fine - cream/off-white pages - $80

General Electric produced a ton of different scientific related giveaways for use in schools. High quality and informative.

salesthread210.jpg

salesthread211.jpg

The Story of Steel - ? - 8 pages, heavy stock paper, full size - very fine - white pages - $90

This is one of three different comics I will be listing that were produced by the Ford Motor Company to be given away as accompaniment for kids touring the manufacturing plants on school field trips. 

salesthread212.jpg

salesthread213.jpg

The Story of Mass Production - 1947? - 8 pages, heavy paper stock, full size - very fine/near mint - white pages - $100 SOLD!

Another Ford giveaway...

salesthread214.jpg

salesthread215.jpg

Edited by MrBedrock
SOLD!

The Story of Mass Assembly - 1947? - 8 pages, heavy paper stock, full size - very fine/near mint - white pages - $100 SOLD!

Another Ford giveaway...

salesthread216.jpg

salesthread217.jpg

Edited by MrBedrock
SOLD!

4 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

The Story of Mass Production - 1947? - 8 pages, heavy paper stock, full size - very fine/near mint - white pages - $100

Another Ford giveaway...

salesthread214.jpg

salesthread215.jpg

:takeit:

2 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

The Story of Mass Assembly - 1947? - 8 pages, heavy paper stock, full size - very fine/near mint - white pages - $100

Another Ford giveaway...

salesthread216.jpg

salesthread217.jpg

:takeit:

Cliff Merritt Sets The Record Straight - 1969 - 28 pages, slick cover, full size - near mint - white pages - $80

Cliff Merritt explains to the smarty-pants high school kids that railroad union men are not the bad guys. Despite the very dry story material this is an incredibly well packaged, graphically designed and illustrated comic. I was swayed and I have no skin in the railroad union game at all.

salesthread218.jpg

salesthread219.jpg