• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I hate the new sales forum

28 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Pontoon said:

:whatthe:

I'd never want to go back to a single sales forum. It would be complete and utter chaos between the combination of the new board layout confusion and the constant influx of new people selling.

:sumo:

Then we should go back to the old layout, and old sales forum. :taptaptap:

I don't mind either format.  Being British, and thanks to Brexit, I can't afford to buy old American comic books from your side of the pond anymore anyway.lol

8 minutes ago, telerites said:

:takeit:

Oh wait, this isn't where I buy cool books.

Sorry no threadcap intended - I'll delete my post.

Oh wait, I can't delete a post any more.

:ohnoez:

I just deleted a post.  It did take three flushes though. 

Something that I think might improve the sales forums would be a format change if one is possible.

Currently a sales thread shows the avatar of the last person who posted in the thread, in the sales forum or the want to buy forums if an avatar is going to be displayed it should be on the left showing the avatar of the party who started the thread.  The formatting could be similar to that used on the right hand column, the 'popular now' list (right side column) displays the avatar of the thread starter.

7 minutes ago, bababooey said:

Something that I think might improve the sales forums would be a format change if one is possible.

Currently a sales thread shows the avatar of the last person who posted in the thread, in the sales forum or the want to buy forums if an avatar is going to be displayed it should be on the left showing the avatar of the party who started the thread.  The formatting could be similar to that used on the right hand column, the 'popular now' list (right side column) displays the avatar of the thread starter.

I had the same thought about the PM inbox, where I don't need to see my own avatar next to a PM thread (I know I'm me and its my own inbox) and really the only avatar should be that of the other party with which I am exchanging PMs. I realize its supposed to show who is the latest to post a message, but that never matters to me so much as finding the PM thread itself, which is what I spend most of the time doing, and in that sense just seeing the other person's avatar would simplify the search. 2c

7 hours ago, bababooey said:

It is true.  I recognize seller avatars and this new set up makes it hard to figure that out until I click on the thread.  That and the fact that this new design isn't as mobile device friendly.  It was very hard to navigate on my phone so I visit this place less and less now.

3 hours ago, nocutename said:

It is true.  I recognize seller avatars and this new set up makes it hard to figure that out until I click on the thread.  That and the fact that this new design isn't as mobile device friendly.  It was very hard to navigate on my phone so I visit this place less and less now.

Have you tried the v 1.3 pinch zoom theme? I'm usually on a phone when I visit the forums, and it makes the new place feel and look a lot like the old place.

14 hours ago, bababooey said:

This is a great idea and one of the things that was better on the old boards. I usually click on a sales thread based on the seller more than the title of the thread. Some folks I’ll always check; some I’ll check out of curiosity; some I won’t even bother with. Scanning the page quickly for avatars I know is much easier than looking at the tiny type under the title for the OP.

6 hours ago, Pontoon said:

This is a great idea and one of the things that was better on the old boards. I usually click on a sales thread based on the seller more than the title of the thread. Some folks I’ll always check; some I’ll check out of curiosity; some I won’t even bother with. Scanning the page quickly for avatars I know is much easier than looking at the tiny type under the title for the OP.

I always look under the title of the thread to see the initiator of the sales since it is listed there.  I pay attention to that and the title and really don't look at the last person to post other than to see how long since the last post was done.  

There's definitely less activity in the sales forum.  I find that since the new look arrived, I'm spending far less time on the boards.  Not sure why, but it's much less inviting.  I check the marketplace a few times a day, but nowhere near as often as in the past. 

11 hours ago, JAM_NYC said:

Have you tried the v 1.3 pinch zoom theme? I'm usually on a phone when I visit the forums, and it makes the new place feel and look a lot like the old place.

Is that an IPhone thing?  I am on an android.