• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I hate the new sales forum

28 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, nocutename said:

11 hours ago, JAM_NYC said:

Have you tried the v 1.3 pinch zoom theme? I'm usually on a phone when I visit the forums, and it makes the new place feel and look a lot like the old place.

Is that an IPhone thing?  I am on an android.

I don't think that matters. Scroll down to the bottom of the forum and click on theme. It gives you a few options. Try v1.3 for pinch zoomers. It's basically a desktop setting for your mobile device.

15 hours ago, nearmint said:

There's definitely less activity in the sales forum.  I find that since the new look arrived, I'm spending far less time on the boards.  Not sure why, but it's much less inviting.  I check the marketplace a few times a day, but nowhere near as often as in the past. 

I would agree with this. I used to look in the sales thread every day on the old boards, now I admit to being in the sales forums far less than that. Although it is also very probable that since I have no money to spend right now on buying comics I would browse the sales forum less.

13 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

I would agree with this. I used to look in the sales thread every day on the old boards, now I admit to being in the sales forums far less than that. Although it is also very probable that since I have no money to spend right now on buying comics I would browse the sales forum less.

Yup .... before you would look there and last post would be mins ... now  it's hours and days .. 

3 hours ago, Paddy_McShillihan said:

Yup .... before you would look there and last post would be mins ... now  it's hours and days .. 

Its been a big adjustment since the switch over, and my 2c is to be patient and wait and see, after all its quality and not quantity that matters, and if the only casualties are the transients it will be no big loss. If the Boards start to lose people who heretofore have been serious and contributing members than I would start to worry.

2 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

I just want an "all" option again so I can open up someone's thread in it's entirety.

+1  

I'm still pretty new here, but I hate not being able to see an entire thread (up to a point).  And, I also see many fewer quality sales threads popping up. Not that I was in on too many big books anyways, but I have learned a lot just by watching and reading. 

Edited by Spidey 62

On 3/16/2017 at 8:43 PM, crassus said:

I had the same thought about the PM inbox, where I don't need to see my own avatar next to a PM thread (I know I'm me and its my own inbox) and really the only avatar should be that of the other party with which I am exchanging PMs. I realize its supposed to show who is the latest to post a message, but that never matters to me so much as finding the PM thread itself, which is what I spend most of the time doing, and in that sense just seeing the other person's avatar would simplify the search. 2c

Excellent point.