• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Posts in the Water Cooler in 'All Activity' When Logged Out

Question

Self explanatory title - on the old boards I recall that Water Cooler posts showed in the 'Active Topics' list when you were logged out. Think I've got that right?

Any reason why they do not show under 'all activity' here when logged out?

Adding them would save you having to log in on the train on your mobile etc, which my eyes at least struggle with.

Also, it may encourage new members if they can see the breadth of discussion possibilities available to them if they join (i.e. not just comics).

Edited by Marwood & I
Clarity

3 answers to this question

Just now, Marwood & I said:

Self explanatory title - on the old boards I recall that Water Cooler posts showed in the 'Active Topics' list when you were logged out. Think I've got that right?

Any reason why they do not show under 'all activity' here when logged out?

Saves you having to log in on the train on your mobile etc, which my eyes at least struggle with.

Arch / Admin staff - if you're reading this, why does the new thread title keep appearing at the top of the first thread post? Is that intentional or a glitch?

1 hour ago, Architecht said:

Glitch. Maybe specific to q&a forum type.

We are leaving the water cooler inaccessible to guests for SEO reasons.

OK,  thanks.  I had to look up what SEO stood for, but I get the reason, not enough juice in the engine. Shame, as it shows would be new members that we talk about more than just comics. Nevermind.