• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tec 27 on Clink (Blue 2.5) for $450K

46 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Mr bla bla said:

Never regret the past. Looking forward for me the Berk slight 6.5 tec27 looks like an attractive POS. The current exponential growth on universal grade GA grails has created a huge divide beween blue and purple lables. This slight book could later turn up on a blue conserved holder and thus sell at a significantly higher price point. If one just had the moolah.

if, if, if ...

I believe if the potential for conserved label was there , would've already happened 

but it should clear 200 large , easy

4 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

I believe if the potential for conserved label was there , would've already happened 

but it should clear 200 large , easy

The work on this book is minor.

if not miniscule. Ill go out on e limb an predict this book'l fetch Big moolah ...

and for the record: this book being part of the J. Berk Pantheon wont hurt it at all. It Will rather move final hammer even more north...

Edited by Mr bla bla
H

20 hours ago, Dr Carl said:

If not for the spine split, my hunch is it would grade notably higher (4.5?)...

Thoughts? Comments?

That goes without saying since the label indicates the spine has been completely broken through from top to bottom.

Unfortunately, since this book has tape running down the entire spine and with CGC's recent change in policy with respect to tape, this copy would no longer grade as a CGC 2.5 if it was ever sent back in for regrading.  :frown:

But still a very nice presenting copy relative to the designated grade and a 'Tec 27 at that.  :luhv:

Edited by lou_fine

8 hours ago, Mr bla bla said:

this book being part of the J. Berk Pantheon wont hurt it at all. It Will rather move final hammer even more north...

Does anyone care?    Don't get me wrong, I have all the respect in the world for the way Jon has gone about collecting, educating, sharing, but he's essentially just another collector.    I certainly wouldn't pay any more or less for books that were his.    How do you guys feel.    If you were presented with a 8.0 copy of an early fox book that was Jon's and another that wasn't, would you automatically pay more for Jon's?    I'd personally be looking at eye appeal and page quality and, much as Jon has done it all the right way and everything, whether it was his copy or not would be like the 17th tiebreaker in considering the various attributes of the books.       

Edited by Bronty

10 minutes ago, Bronty said:

Does anyone care?    Don't get me wrong, I have all the respect in the world for the way Jon has gone about collecting, educating, sharing, but he's essentially just another collector.    I certainly wouldn't pay any more or less for books that were his.    How do you guys feel.    If you were presented with a 8.0 copy of an early fox book that was Jon's and another that wasn't, would you automatically pay more for Jon's?    I'd personally be looking at eye appeal and page quality and, much as Jon has done it all the right way and everything, whether it was his copy or not would be like the 17th tiebreaker in considering the various attributes of the books.       

The only advantage I see is Jon had a lot of pedigrees but not a regular copy ...I doubt there's any premium placed on it 

6 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

The only advantage I see is Jon had a lot of pedigrees but not a regular copy ...I doubt there's any premium placed on it 

Although there is a coolness factor in owning a Jon Berk book (or art).

7 hours ago, Mr bla bla said:
16 hours ago, batman_fan said:

Although there is a coolness factor in owning a Jon Berk book (or art).

Thats what i meant...

Although if I had a choice between a Jon Berk book and one from The Collection of Dallas Stephens, and both copies were exactly the same in terms of condition grade and eye appeal, I know immediately which one I would be going for.  :smile:

Edited by lou_fine

And to think about 12 years ago I got to read a pedigree copy of Detective #27 with my bare hands.  It ended up coming back a blue label 6.5 Fine + from CGC unrestored and exchanged hands for $115k.  I will not disclose the pedigree, the buyer or the seller.  However it seems the seller got a real bargain based on this thread....:)

When I carefully leafed through the book towards the rear folios I swear it had that slight paper opening "crack" of a book that hadn't ever really been read.  Tough to explain; like the pages had never been separated since it came off the press.

I would by lying if I said I wasn't pretty nervous....

Edited by Shield

10 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

Current offer: 300K

At this point, break even given it was last bought for 270K (2 years ago)

It won't end there if the seller is patient he will get his 450 000$  (or very close to it) what is the point to be in a rush when selling this kind of book. This book sells itself.....for me this should be the #1 book in the entire hobby but that is just because I love Batman more than any other superhero!!

Edited by SupergirlDC19591
Text

6 hours ago, Dark Knight said:

Wow!  That's amazing!  Possible it can go higher too!  I wonder if the seller will take the offer hm

He should hold off he will get at least 400k for it if not 425k and by that point someone may simply use buy it now as often is the case with the major key books.

Edited by SupergirlDC19591

2 hours ago, gino2paulus2 said:

Look at those 2 studs!! Hey B you right there are holding 1 more Tec 27 than I ever have in my whole life!! 

First Batman but I see a Clark Kent hairdo. :) 

IMG_0224.JPG.858a8b8421a2d140ec9682a28813b918.JPG

3 hours ago, gino2paulus2 said:

Look at those 2 studs!! Hey B you right there are holding 1 more Tec 27 than I ever have in my whole life!! 

Two studs for sure and the guy in the white shirt ain't too bad either lol