• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Biggest Key, Weakest Story?

52 posts in this topic

Werewolf by Night 32

Currently very expensive, also very mediocre

Edited by Ken Aldred

Detective Comics 27.  Atrocious artwork.  The only way that guy could've improved his quality was if he'd just given up and got someone else to draw for him instead.

Edited by Ken Aldred

10 hours ago, Ken Aldred said:

Detective Comics 27.  Atrocious artwork.  The only way that guy could've improved his quality was if he'd just given up and got someone else to draw for him instead.

:roflmao:

I cracked open my JLA Omnibus earlier this week and finally read BB 28. I'm not saying it was horrible, but it was quite charming in its ridiculousness. I'm still not sure Starro should be marketing himself as "The Conqueror" when, by his own admission, Earth was his first attempt at conquering. And it failed. Also, "Snapper" :/

6 hours ago, rjrjr said:

Incredible Hulk #271.  Lame cover, terrible art, terrible story.  It doesn't get any worse than that issue IMHO.

That was a kind of a crazy one with the Hulk meeting them then conviently losing them. 

One that is much worst though is Marvel Premiere 7. Real confusing art.

57 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

That was a kind of a crazy one with the Hulk meeting them then conviently losing them. 

One that is much worst though is Marvel Premiere 7. Real confusing art.

Not Keith Giffen's best work. 

so many choices!

I HATED Hulk 271, I was a fanatical Hulk collector, and that cover was such a turn off and extremely lame.

NM 98 is horrid, the art is atrocious ( look at Deadpool on the cover, the longest and skinniest body ever ) I just can't read it, I have tried, I just can't.

What If Venom Possessed Deadpool: I actually did try to read it one time and I could not believe how awful it was. I did not finish the read.

45 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

:whatthe:

Only because the story is basically cobbled together for being such a major grail book. I don't mind non-linear story telling. But the seams and transitions in this look a patchwork of "Hmm... where should I jump to next?", IMOO.

2 hours ago, Mercury Man said:

NM 98.   Mr. Anatomy strikes again. 

NM 98, Liefeld and all, is a masterpiece compared to some keys.

What puzzles me about this thread is why people are talking about What If Venom Possessed Deadpool. Can that book actually be used to open locks or something?

2 minutes ago, Mercury Man said:

Liefeld and Masterpiece never get to be used in the same sentence.  :baiting:

I'm pretty sure "Rob Liefeld does not have the skills that are necessary to create a masterpiece." is a sentence. :baiting:

The reality is that some issues, though desired for historical reasons, are so poorly written (and/or drawn) that they are nearly unreadable. NM 98 isn't going to win any awards based on the quality of its content, but it really isn't that bad.