• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official "SPAWN" reboot movie thread.
1 1

102 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Spawn and Venom were two of my favorite characters in the 1990s, so this has been a good news week for me.

All I need now is good Lobo movie news to complete the perfect trifecta.  (thumbsu

So not the Spawn thread that's been going for over a year?

:baiting:

Hopefully, it would be a live action movie or animated movie. I would be happy either way.

I was looking into Spawn and the character has sold millions of comics,action figures,video games dvds and had a hit show on HBO,so I think it is just a matter of time.

90s properties seem to be making a comeback of late with X-Files, Jurassic Park and Pokemon.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

After watching the details, it looks like it might turn into a production nightmare. Artists at the helm aren't always a good idea, especially when it's their property.

With that said, I am totally behind Big Mac wanting to make his vision for the big screen. Comparing it to the Exorcist though....I kinda don't know how to take that.

Love to see how this develops.

6 hours ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Hopefully, it would be a live action movie or animated movie. I would be happy either way.

I was looking into Spawn and the character has sold millions of comics,action figures,video games dvds and had a hit show on HBO,so I think it is just a matter of time.

90s properties seem to be making a comeback of late with X-Files, Jurassic Park and Pokemon.

It definitely just took time for this to become something. Which is part of the history of the direction you see McFarlane taking this. I'm not sure a TV show - animated or otherwise - would work. The market is now getting flooded with comic book-based small screen productions. Although there are always other channels not on-board yet wanting to join in so as to have their own schedule arsenal.

I was a HUGE Spawn fan back in the day...and nearly threw up after watching the 1997 movie. I don't know that I've watched a worse movie in a long time. They can't do any worse than that flick...

11 hours ago, comicjack said:

I have and it was pretty bad ,but one could be even worst (:

Yep. There have been many worst movies than Spawn. Spawn came out what 20 years ago? I have seen superhero pictures that have come out recently with modern CGI that were worst than Spawn 1997.