• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chamber of Chills #19, the making of an iconic cover

9 posts in this topic

Was happy to pick up a Haunted Horror Vol. 1 hc on the cheap the other day (freakin' rare now)... and very pleasantly surprised to find these pages within.  From Warren Kremer's concept sketch to Lee Elias's finished product.  Enjoy !

_20170318_103917.JPG

_20170318_103613.JPG

IMG_20170318_103452838.jpg

_20170318_110009.JPG

Edited by exitmusicblue

8 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

The original art to that cover exists.

I was underbidder on that prelim cover and surprised I got outbid even as I went much higher than I'd planned to.   I had no real understanding of its classic status and just bid because I thought it was a good piece of art with a solid concept and I didn't have anything in the "horror" column.  When I lost it I immediately wished I had bid more but from the way the prelim's been reprinted since then I'm guessing the high bidder would've outbid me even I'd gone a good sight further, so it's just as well.   I think the prelim's better than the finished version.