• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Let's try this... the Golden Age ORIGINAL ART Thread
4 4

276 posts in this topic

Yes, I know we have an OA section... but figuring that many GA folks don't venture in there regularly, and because it's mixed in Ages, and knowing a lot of us here have OA to share... voila ! :applause:

Will start us off with a full story from Black Cat #19 (I am a big Harvey guy) from 1949.  Love Lee Elias's strong lines + eye for detail, the hokey feel-good story, and of course, some GGA splendor (dressing room scene??).  Snapping it up for a li'l over 150 a page was a no-brainer.   Looking forward to seeing more collections from y'all !

1803171930091.jpg

1803171930102.jpg

elias3.thumb.jpg.cd2c12232d61fd3ad94321ccf67b25c3.jpg

1803171930421.jpg

Edited by exitmusicblue

I've posted these in Gold Connections before, but let's get this thread rolling! We all post stuff again and again in multiple threads, after all.

image_zpspm1mxclq.jpeg

This is a recreation of his All Star Comics #35 splash. Bought it from a collector's estate. The heirs thought it was completely hand-done; I believe it is a hand-colored print. (Though there was a photo of Hasen working on it, hard to tell. I've seen another online in a gallery; he could have drawn it more than once but I lean toward hand-colored print. Lines too similar. I still love it!)

1 hour ago, exitmusicblue said:

:applause:  Someone's gotta have some EC covers and other goodies !

:wishluck:

9 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Hand colored and signed.

madamlynxpicture_zpssshv0ibo.jpg

That piece is fan-tastic!

I had to settle with owning a book. Love that pose. (thumbsu

cf216414679ec6be5aba693176e531d8f670a7be

Edited by N e r V