• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Let's try this... the Golden Age ORIGINAL ART Thread
4 4

276 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Robot Man said:

I also have this

nyoka36art3_zpssol5z69p.jpg

nyoka36art1_zps6y9dazff.jpg

These Nyoka covers are very neat!

Page 2 from the Sub-Mariner story in All Select #2, by Dan Barry. Kind of random and boring since there is no Subby, but it is a page of Timely art which is kind of neat...

timelyart.jpg

26 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

A very cool page of Wally Wood art from The Spirit in Outer Space story...

woodspirit.jpg

That's a knockout.  Even the Spirit section that was from is very tough to find.

Interesting Jules Feiffer sig at the bottom.  

6 hours ago, Robot Man said:

I have a lot of stuff but sadly very little original art. Only a few pieces.

Here's a nice flea market find. A get well card probably for some one connected to the Disney offices. As near as I can tell it is the work of Al Taliaferro.

duckart_zpsd6a49a47.jpg

Really nice and it also looks like Taliaferro to me, but I'm not sure what the sig at the bottom indicates. hm

52 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:
1 hour ago, MrBedrock said:

A very cool page of Wally Wood art from The Spirit in Outer Space story...

woodspirit.jpg

That's a knockout.  Even the Spirit section that was from is very tough to find.

Interesting Jules Feiffer sig at the bottom.  

Should I admit than when I had it framed I matted over the Feiffer sig?

spirit08-03-52.jpg

4 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

Should I admit than when I had it framed I matted over the Feiffer sig?

spirit08-03-52.jpg

Nope, I wouldn't admit that.  I'll pretend I didn't hear it.

Those sci-fi Spirit section are way undervalued in the guide.  I thought I was going to pick up a number of them in an auction a couple of years ago and got completely blown out of the water.  Maybe by you! hm

1 hour ago, Sqeggs said:

Really nice and it also looks like Taliaferro to me, but I'm not sure what the sig at the bottom indicates. hm

I don't know. I googled the names and Disney Studios and came up empty. My guess it was some one who worked there and he had Taliaferro draw it. I'm guessing early 1940's by the mode of dress.

1 minute ago, Robot Man said:
1 hour ago, Sqeggs said:

I don't know. I googled the names and Disney Studios and came up empty. My guess it was some one who worked there and he had Taliaferro draw it. I'm guessing early 1940's by the mode of dress.

As I'm sure you know, Hake's has been listing some Disney stuff from that era.  I hoped to pick up some of the Disney studio Christmas cards in the last auction but a lot of them really went for strong dough, imo.

18 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Those sci-fi Spirit section are way undervalued in the guide.  I thought I was going to pick up a number of them in an auction a couple of years ago and got completely blown out of the water.  Maybe by you! hm

If it was an auction it wasn't me. They seem to go nutty in the auctions. I got this one from the same guy I got the art from.