• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silicon Valley Comic Con -- April 21-23, 2017 Grant Gustin first con app

17 posts in this topic

I will be there. Last year was not great but the line-up for this one is on a much larger scale so hoping for a good con. :wishluck:

Too bad I heard Buzz Aldrin isn't signing but getting to see Drew Struzan is going to be pretty cool. :headbang:

Edited by Comic Book Guy

15 hours ago, Comic Book Guy said:

I will be there. Last year was not great but the line-up for this one is on a much larger scale so hoping for a good con. :wishluck:

Too bad I heard Buzz Aldrin isn't signing but getting to see Drew Struzan is going to be pretty cool. :headbang:

What is the point of him being there if he is not signing? It looks like he is there all weekend. 

2 hours ago, Aasparky1000 said:

Yes bunky brothers, Terry's comics were the main two with gold, one guy with some joker detectives, other guys with some silver, it was okay

cool, thanks

I attended and it was pretty good.  It was very well spaced out with an open park area across the street, although getting food was pretty much impossible as the lines were horrific.  I appreciated that they had a beer garden.  Good to have a few brews then peruse some books.  These days I'm mostly looking for GA keys and there understandably wasn't a lot offered for that.  There was a lot of raw SA books if that's your thing.  I guess I was bored since I plucked down $160 for a photo opp with Grant Gustin.  No idea why I did that, I'm not this huge fan.  Super nice guy.  

The Heritage guys had a booth and talked to them for a bit.  They mentioned they are going to break out there 10k+ books into a "platinum" edition of their auctions, so the high end bidders don't have to wade through the auction of so many other books.  

11 hours ago, atomised said:

I attended and it was pretty good.  It was very well spaced out with an open park area across the street, although getting food was pretty much impossible as the lines were horrific.  I appreciated that they had a beer garden.  Good to have a few brews then peruse some books.  These days I'm mostly looking for GA keys and there understandably wasn't a lot offered for that.  There was a lot of raw SA books if that's your thing.  I guess I was bored since I plucked down $160 for a photo opp with Grant Gustin.  No idea why I did that, I'm not this huge fan.  Super nice guy.  

The Heritage guys had a booth and talked to them for a bit.  They mentioned they are going to break out there 10k+ books into a "platinum" edition of their auctions, so the high end bidders don't have to wade through the auction of so many other books.  

Nice. I wanted to go back sunday but family obligations got in the way.  Yes, much more silver than gold there.