• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help | Funny Animal Books and Original Artwork
1 1

3 posts in this topic

Help | Funny Animal Books and Original Artwork

Hi All,

I enjoy reading the board discussions here but have never had reason to post. I really only collect Super hero comics, and not much golden age except for Captain Marvel and DC/Marvel if I can find them in my price range.

A friend of mine came across a small collection of Funny Animal books and a piece of Original artwork by Saul Kessler who worked for Max Fleischer and DC.

The condition is rough on some of these but there are a couple that look pretty good, and i just have no idea what the value could be at these conditions or on the Original comic artwork because I'm not as familiar with this area.

Here's the list as best as I can tell, I have attached pics. I would love to hear more experienced thoughts/opinions. You can also email me directly flounnderr@aol.com

Original Artwork Signed by Saul Kessler- Can't find what comic its from

Land of the Lost #1 by EC, looks to be Fine- condition

Funny Animals # 1 beat to hell, but have not idea of value in this condition

Funny Funnies # 1

Jo Jo Comics #6

Rib Tickler #8

All Top Comics # 7

Punch and Judy #11

New Funnies # 73

Funny Folks # 6

Funny Stuff # 6

Funny Stuff # 9

Funny Stuff # 10

Funny Stuff # 12

Funny Stuff # 13

Funny Stuff # 15

Funny Stuff # 16

Funny Stuff # 18

Thanks For the help!

IMG_0473.jpeg

FullSizeRender-7.jpeg

FullSizeRender-6.jpeg

FullSizeRender-1.jpeg

FullSizeRender-2.jpeg

FullSizeRender-3.jpeg

FullSizeRender-4.jpeg

FullSizeRender-5.jpeg

FullSizeRender-8.jpeg

FullSizeRender-9.jpeg

FullSizeRender.jpeg

IMG_0499.jpeg

IMG_0500.jpeg

IMG_0506.jpeg

IMG_0507.jpeg

IMG_0509.jpeg

IMG_0510.jpeg

IMG_0511.jpeg

I like that Picklepuss page!  It almost looks like a Terry Toons page with Sourpuss, but it's not.  I tried searching online and couldn't find Picklepuss anywhere, but I wonder if it could be from a mid-1940's issue of Ha Ha Comics or a similar title like Barnyard Comics.  That would be my guess.  

The comics don't have a ton of value.  The most expensive one would be the Land of the Lost since it's an EC; then probably the Funny Stuff #18 (1st Dodo and Frog appearance).  The rest are probably $10-30 type books, but cool stuff!