• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Prices realized at auction or private sales for SA books
1 1

113 posts in this topic

Well I guess I will start this new thread so those like me that like to follow current sale prices realized can do so without been judged. By the way this thread is for real collectors as well not just for finances....but people that appreciate both.

Please don't come complaining here about people talking about books values. This is the place to do so from now on....if it's not for you please simply move on.

Edited by SupergirlDC19591

Will start the off with the current sales of AF15 in the ComicConnect auction.

CGC 4.5 = 37 000$

CGC 5.0 = 57 000$

CGC 9.0 = 395 000$

All new record prices realized per grade.

1 hour ago, thedude said:

Glad to see FF1 getting some repect again.

That would have been the perfect copy for my collection but I simply can't afford one yet.....was hard to let it pass by knowing it was most likely the nicest 6.0 out there.

Edited by SupergirlDC19591

9 minutes ago, thedude said:

Glad to see FF1 getting some repect again.

It's not. He's only posting record prices, which are not indicative of the market. The reason that the 6.0 went for near 7.0 money is because it was exceptional for the grade (or potentially upgradeable - I haven't looked closely enough to decide).

There was an FF #! 7.5 that went for low $20's and an 8.0 that went for $35K, which is middle of the road for that book, currently.

7 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

It's not. He's only posting record prices, which are not indicative of the market. The reason that the 6.0 went for near 7.0 money is because it was exceptional for the grade (or potentially upgradeable - I haven't looked closely enough to decide).

There was an FF #! 7.5 that went for low $20's and an 8.0 that went for $35K, which is middle of the road for that book, currently.

yeah, I know this books been lagging behind all other Marvel keys for some time, I blame the movies, sad really, but $17k plus is still respect no? even if due to nicer eye appeal than given grade.

Just now, thedude said:

yeah, I know this books been lagging behind all other Marvel keys for some time, I blame the movies, sad really, but $17k plus is still respect no? even if due to nicer eye appeal than given grade.

FF #1 is my favorite Silver Age key.

But my point is carried over from discussions in other threads, where it's my belief that if a copy sells for a record number but surrounding copies don't do the same, it's likely because at least one of the bidders thought that particular copy was going to upgrade.

The majority of the time that is the reason why a 6.0 would sell for 6.5 - 7.0 money (or whatever the grade is).

There are exceptions of course (like when Peewee won that FF #1 for record money) but even in cases like that I tend to gravitate towards the theory that the other bidder that Peewee was bidding against was someone who may have been trying to upgrade the book.

1 minute ago, VintageComics said:

But my point is carried over from discussions in other threads, where it's my belief that if a copy sells for a record number but surrounding copies don't do the same, it's likely because at least one of the bidders thought that particular copy was going to upgrade.

The majority of the time that is the reason why a 6.0 would sell for 6.5 - 7.0 money (or whatever the grade is).

There are exceptions of course (like when Peewee won that FF #1 for record money) but even in cases like that I tend to gravitate towards the theory that the other bidder that Peewee was bidding against was someone who may have been trying to upgrade the book.

I definitely see your point, I just haven't kept up with FF1 prices, so I thought maybe $17k plus was good for a 6.0 copy. I'm more a GA guy. 

57 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

Mine too. I love FF1. Always have. The person who purchased the 9.0 for 90k should be smiling. A bargain. 

FF1 = 1st Marvel + The Flagship book + Killer cover + 10 cent circle + White cover = A rock solid SA key, year in year out

1 hour ago, NoMan said:

Can I talk about Bank Safe Deposit boxes here?

I already have thought about how people can get there stuff stolen inside a bank safe stolen yes there is a possibility if you own multiple safety boxes and you go in and open one or more and leave the rest closed and the keys dangling there (in the lock of your box) while you go into the private room to look over the contents of your box (es) and during this time a employee opens the closed one (s) with your key since he or she still has them available to him/her. Then takes out your stuff then closes the safety box (es) back before you return to end your day at the bank.

I never EVER leave my keys with them or dangling from a opened boxes key hole due to this possibility. And I do mean NEVER!!

2 hours ago, SupergirlDC19591 said:

Will start the off with the current sales of AF15 in the ComicConnect auction.

CGC 4.5 = 37 000$

CGC 5.0 = 57 000$

CGC 9.0 = 395 000$

All new record prices realized per grade.

Great prices ! There are a lot of AF15's  Does anyone think this book is in a bubble?  If i had a 4.5 or a 5.0 i would be selling fast, I bet we will see some selling at those prices, they are to good not to sell.

1 hour ago, paul747 said:

Great prices ! There are a lot of AF15's  Does anyone think this book is in a bubble?  If i had a 4.5 or a 5.0 i would be selling fast, I bet we will see some selling at those prices, they are to good not to sell.

Keep it wit will continue to grow.

17 minutes ago, paul747 said:

I will happily sell all my 4.5 and 5.0 at those  prices!