• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Prices realized at auction or private sales for SA books
1 1

113 posts in this topic

Reporting on some books I was watching in the ComicConnect auction that closed last night:

Strange Tales 110   9.2   $27,500    http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=719270

Strange Tales 115   9.2   $4,657      http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=719650

Strange Tales 126   9.4   $2,655      http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=660292

Stronger prices than I was expecting after the Dr Strange Movie hype has come and gone.  Particularly the 115 (origin issue).  I was hoping to pick up a 126 at a discount from the pre-movie prices, but no such luck.

8 hours ago, Sam I am said:

Can you view CC items after the auction ends if you did not watch the item?

Yes, it's a simple matter of opening up the email they had sent to you a week prior to the auction for each one of their daily auction sessions.  :gossip:

Not the one they send out on the morning of the daily auction because that will take you nowhere. 

1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

Yes, it's a simple matter of opening up the email they had sent to you a week prior to the auction for each one of their daily auction sessions.  :gossip:

Not the one they send out on the morning of the daily auction because that will take you nowhere. 

Perfect.  Thank you!

10 minutes ago, World Devourer said:

Things should settle down after the ASM film.

The asm  film has little if anything to do with the current pricing fluctuations 

1 hour ago, G.A.tor said:

The asm  film has little if anything to do with the current pricing fluctuations 

Agreed Spidey is popular all year round....movie or no movie!! The same applies to Batman....probably others as well but these 2 superheros would for sure would make it on such a list.

Edited by SC22

4 hours ago, SC22 said:

Agreed Spidey is popular all year round....movie or no movie!! The same applies to Batman....probably others as well but these 2 superheros would for sure would make it on such a list.

Whoa. Some generalisations there.  :signfunny:

es, Batman and Spider-Man are popular, but you are forgetting the casual investors who know very little about comics. For this group, the movie has everything to do with it. They are the ones driving prices ever upward.

Read one of the many articles about how this group almost destroyed the hobby in the 90s.

3 hours ago, World Devourer said:

Whoa. Some generalisations there.  :signfunny:

es, Batman and Spider-Man are popular, but you are forgetting the casual investors who know very little about comics. For this group, the movie has everything to do with it. They are the ones driving prices ever upward.

Read one of the many articles about how this group almost destroyed the hobby in the 90s.

No doubt a first movie appearance can certainly drive new demand that can create pricing surges for the characters comic(s) ...it's only natural. We've seen it happen for dozens of years    

But I'm not sold that a 6th or 7th or 8th movie has any significant impact on the high end comics and pricing surge we are seeing today. Ask The winner of several of the record priced af15s recently...their response will not likely be that they just heard of this new character that will have a  new movie ...I'm betting it didn't have anything to do with their purchase. 

Im getting at least 3-4 requests a week for af15s, and every request is coming from existing collectors in the market. 

Edited by G.A.tor

6 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

No doubt a first movie appearance can certainly drive new demand that can create pricing surges for the characters comic(s) ...it's only natural. We've seen it happen for dozens of years    

But I'm not sold that a 6th or 7th or 8th movie has any significant impact on the high end comics and pricing surge we are seeing today. Ask The winner of several of the record priced af15s recently...their response will not likely be that they just heard of this new character that will have a  new movie ...I'm betting it didn't have anything to do with their purchase. 

Im getting at least 3-4 requests a week for af15s, and every request is coming from existing collectors in the market. 

So your conclusion is that it's another upward movement similar to 2008?

Edited by Spiderturtle

46 minutes ago, Spiderturtle said:

So your conclusion is that it's another upward movement similar to 2008?

it is certainly following that previous cycle...how this plays out, though, is anyone's guess... can the pricing trend be manipulated and/or influenced?...absolutely...

it's why I'm sitting on the sidelines right now watching... too many variables to accurately say "why" or "where"