• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Prices realized at auction or private sales for SA books
1 1

113 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, SupergirlDC19591 said:

I already have thought about how people can get there stuff stolen inside a bank safe stolen yes there is a possibility if you own multiple safety boxes and you go in and open one or more and leave the rest closed and the keys dangling there (in the lock of your box) while you go into the private room to look over the contents of your box (es) and during this time a employee opens the closed one (s) with your key since he or she still has them available to him/her. Then takes out your stuff then closes the safety box (es) back before you return to end your day at the bank.

I never EVER leave my keys with them or dangling from a opened boxes key hole due to this possibility. And I do mean NEVER!!

It's not gonna go down like that, Supergirl. Here's the deal:

Someone is gonna store a gun in their Bank Safe Deposit Box. Since bank employees turn there back when you deposit items in the vault, the perpatrator places the gun in the vault. Some busy day (Saturday) when everyone is at the bank, in the Safe Deposit Box area and in the private viewing areas looking at their copies of AF 15, TTA #27, Marvel Premiere #47 and Frank Miller OA, our Bad Guy goes to his Safe Box, takes out the gun and robs us all.

This has actually happened in several bank locations across the US (minus the comic-book part)

On 3/23/2017 at 8:06 PM, NoMan said:

Someone is gonna store a gun in their Bank Safe Deposit Box. Since bank employees turn there back when you deposit items in the vault, the perpatrator places the gun in the vault. Some busy day (Saturday) when everyone is at the bank, in the Safe Deposit Box area and in the private viewing areas looking at their copies of AF 15, TTA #27, Marvel Premiere #47 and Frank Miller OA, our Bad Guy goes to his Safe Box, takes out the gun and robs us all.

This has actually happened in several bank locations across the US (minus the comic-book part)

Well PGX results are pretty bad compared to CGC. This PGX 9.2 X-Men #1 CGC 9.2 just sold for 28 500$. That 7/1 on the cover runs it plus it does not even look like a 9.2 maybe a 8.5.

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=710277

On 3/23/2017 at 0:41 PM, SupergirlDC19591 said:

Will start the off with the current sales of AF15 in the ComicConnect auction.

CGC 4.5 = 37 000$

CGC 5.0 = 57 000$

CGC 9.0 = 395 000$

All new record prices realized per grade.

I thought there were a lot more than just 3 listings for AF 15's in this current CC auction?  hm

What happened to the rest of them?  :devil:

On March 23, 2017 at 9:06 PM, NoMan said:

Or like New Orleans, when all the power goes out for days/weeks, you can't access your valuables in banks because it is closed.  I loved that H#1 7.5 that just sold.  WOW!  If only I had the wealth to buy it...

1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

I thought there were a lot more than just 3 listings for AF 15's in this current CC auction?  hm

Was not following them.

18 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Can you list all of them and their hammer prices? We should add those data points to the discussion as well.

Or does this thread boil down to this

On 23/3/2017 at 9:18 PM, VintageComics said:

He's only posting record prices, which are not indicative of the market.

Edited by Gotham Kid

On 23/3/2017 at 8:37 PM, SupergirlDC19591 said:

Please don't come complaining here about people talking about books values. This is the place to do so from now on

Why would this thread be any different from EVERY other thread ? (shrug)

Edited by Gotham Kid

1 hour ago, Gotham Kid said:

Because people can go into detail about their books in other threads here it's all about sale prices.

41 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:
18 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Can you list all of them and their hammer prices? We should add those data points to the discussion as well.

Peter;

Links to all of the other AF 15 listings after the Top 3, including the last 2 with just the wraps only:

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?referral=EAlist&id=707103&title=AMAZINGFANTASY

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?referral=EAlist&id=708386&title=AMAZINGFANTASY

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?referral=EAlist&id=710297&title=AMAZINGFANTASY

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?referral=EAlist&id=710298&title=AMAZINGFANTASY

Definitely not as headline grabbing as the other 3 AF 15 auction results.

Actually, you should still have access to all of the individual auction lots for all of CC's prior auctions yourself.  :gossip:

36 minutes ago, SupergirlDC19591 said:
57 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

Because people can go into detail about their books in other threads here it's all about sale prices.

But you're only posting strong prices. You're not posting weak prices.

So it's just a thread to pump books you have a vested interest in.

If you were really interested in market discussion you'd discuss the entire market, not just the sales that keep going up, up, up.

And that is the issue that people take with your posts.

"OMG, this book should go for a zillion dollarssszzz!!!!1111" when in fact, it shouldn't.

But people have tried to explain it to you several times and you either don't understand or don't care.

EDIT: And I'll add that you are free to discuss anything you want but I think people take issue with you calling it a hobby when your posts are only worried about dollars.

Edited by VintageComics

1 minute ago, VintageComics said:

If you were really interested in market discussion you'd discuss the entire market, not just the sales that keep going up, up, up.

"OMG, this book should go for a zillion dollarssszzz!!!!1111" when in fact, it shouldn't.

But people have tried to explain it to you several times and you either don't understand or don't care.

^^

1 hour ago, VintageComics said:

EDIT: And I'll add that you are free to discuss anything you want but I think people take issue with you calling it a hobby when your posts are only worried about dollars.

I post the auctions that interest me yes (why would I post about books I do not care about....that makes no sens). but members can do the same for whatever auctions they want to. This thread is about dollars 1$ to more than a million dollars so post the books that interest you I have no issues with that at all. By the way I will post about FF1, SC4 and many others over time and no I do not own a copy of those books.

^^

^^

Dollars are a big part of the hobby when talking about say the top 20 SA books. Same goes for GA books....big money involved I did not create that people decide what they want to buy and how they are willing to pay. I simply state the final sale prices.

I guess I am not a so called true collector because I enjoy the money aspect just as much as the books.....so called true collectors only care about the books I prefer a balance in my hobby. I have no need to talk about the books themselves here I do that with my brother, my niece and another family member I get my enjoyment there for that aspect of the hobby.

Edited by SupergirlDC19591

3 minutes ago, SupergirlDC19591 said:

I simply state the final sale prices.

Then as Roy said, you should state ALL prices and not just the outliers. I'm fine with that. Easy to keep track of prices, etc.

Edited by Gotham Kid

Then as Roy said, you should state ALL prices and not just the outliers.

I don't follow every single auction I am not some kind of financial guru for all comics books I prefer following the ones I like. But other members can fill in the gaps if they want to.

This is not my full time job it's my hobby.

Edited by SupergirlDC19591