• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fee-fi-fo-FOOM! Art Day

3 posts in this topic

Fee-fi-fo-FOOM! Art Day

Posted two pieces in my CAF that I recently bought. First is a pencil prelim for the published (1985) The Royal Tomb plate 3 from Ghita The Sword of Eros by Frank Thorne. The published image was inked on a separate page. Really nice example of Frank’s pencils from his prime period.

The other piece of art is Foom #14 cover pencils by Big John Buscema and inked by Tom Palmer. Only Marvel published artwork featuring Red Sonja that Tom Palmer ever did and one of only two covers Tom inked over John featuring Conan. I rare example, plus its my first cover by them.

Large scans:

FOOM #14 cover featuring Red Sonja and Conan

The Royal Tomb plate 3 from Ghita The Sword of Eros by Frank Thorne

Foom_14cvr.jpg

Ghita_Sword_Eros_Royal_Tomb.jpg

On 3/25/2017 at 1:54 AM, Brian Peck said:

Fee-fi-fo-FOOM! Art Day

Posted two pieces in my CAF that I recently bought. First is a pencil prelim for the published (1985) The Royal Tomb plate 3 from Ghita The Sword of Eros by Frank Thorne. The published image was inked on a separate page. Really nice example of Frank’s pencils from his prime period.

The other piece of art is Foom #14 cover pencils by Big John Buscema and inked by Tom Palmer. Only Marvel published artwork featuring Red Sonja that Tom Palmer ever did and one of only two covers Tom inked over John featuring Conan. I rare example, plus its my first cover by them.

Large scans:

FOOM #14 cover featuring Red Sonja and Conan

The Royal Tomb plate 3 from Ghita The Sword of Eros by Frank Thorne

Foom_14cvr.jpg

Ghita_Sword_Eros_Royal_Tomb.jpg

WOW. That FOOM cover is SPECTACULAR!! ^^