• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Uncanny X-Men 1

87 posts in this topic

Much better pictures, thanks, can definitely see now that the staples are not rusty. 

The corners and edges look really, really nice, but the spine has a bit of wear, and the cover is slightly miswrapped. I'm torn between 7.0 and 7.5, but I wouldn't be surprised if others graded it higher, really nice book.

Yes, they will. I had a Tec book, older, but I was worried too about trimming. Turns out, it was not trimmed, but just cut slightly odd after printing. Didnt affect the grade of it.

Edited by kevhtx

12 hours ago, BIZZARRO said:

Does anyone think CCS pressing will help improve the grade? And do they include a dry clean?

I can't tell if thats a tear or not on the bottom left of the front cover but if its not I don't see why an 8.0/8.5 couldn't happen.  Yes, CCS would do a dry clean as well as spot resto if you request it.  For this book I would definitely have it pressed and dry cleaned as a single bump can be thousands.  I think a press would solidify an 8.5.  

Any more quesstimits? I should be out of CCS with a press and a dry clean then a grade. I will post a picture as soon as I find out and ship it into safe keeping. Grade away and thanks for making my 1st experience here a great one.

I agree with comicquant - I don't see this going below VF... The images are small so it's hard to be sure. 

A clean will lift dirt... and I think a press would help the upper right corner on the BC

Either way, great copy

12 hours ago, BuscemasAvengers said:

I think the book shows in the 7.5 range ... are you worried about the wear along the spine?

Not really, I'm happy with it. I'm hoping most of the dirt lifts in Ccs. It's been there over 3 solid weeks and expect a grade anytime now. Do you think the wear is seveee along the spine?

I just saw the grade given by Cgc and will post a picture as soon as I recieve it. How do I edit the listing to say grade in?

also I found out that the comic had some restoration a1 and a2..... how much do I take off of the value what considering what it's worth?

thanks in advance