• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Uncanny X-Men 1

87 posts in this topic

Please, please, please don't listen to this guy.  Just stop communication and let him sweat it out.  I actually think he had it graded and when it came back restored he cracked it and put it up on eBay.  He gets everything else he sells graded so why not an x-men #1.  Do not listen to any of his offers, because eBay will find him at fault.  They have to.  He lied and once they make a decision they actually make the transfer, not the seller.  He knows this and is trying to get you to accept something where he still makes out with his fraud.  Just be patient and let eBay handle it.  Make sure you provide eBay with everything they need.  Even if eBay doesn't judge in your favor you can escalate it to your credit card provider and file a fraud charge.

10 hours ago, 1Cool said:

What was the grade?  The spine looked a bit worn so I'm at 6.5/7.0

11 hours ago, comicquant said:

Did CCS work on the book (press/dry clean)?  CCS should've let you know about the restoration if you instructed them to.  The type of restoration you mention in the graders notes will take around 70% off the value of an unrestored universal grade.

I will do as you say because all it does is upset me. I tried to keep a line of communication to comply with eBay policy to see if he would come around

Just now, BIZZARRO said:

I will do as you say because all it does is upset me. I tried to keep a line of communication to comply with eBay policy to see if he would come around

You've definitely done the right thing by trying to communicate and work things out but his suggestions continue to follow a fraudulent narrative.  eBay will take all of the correspondence into consideration when making their decision so they will see his offers are vacuous at best.  Maybe letting him sweat it out for a couple of days will make him realize he's going to have to refund you whether he likes it or not.  Now he can sell the book for what it really is and do it with a clear (murky) conscience.

Got an update from eBay, they have to close the case. They say there window to help is limited to 30 days, I initiated the claim on the 32nd day. I explained that I sent it to Cgc for verification but the said they. Ant help and I need to file a claim through PayPal.... should I go this route or just go to my credit card company. I feel as if eBay just wasted my time....

On 4/22/2017 at 11:43 AM, BIZZARRO said:

Got an update from eBay, they have to close the case. They say there window to help is limited to 30 days, I initiated the claim on the 32nd day. I explained that I sent it to Cgc for verification but the said they. Ant help and I need to file a claim through PayPal.... should I go this route or just go to my credit card company. I feel as if eBay just wasted my time....

Try going through PayPal first then try the credit card company.  I thought their window to help was 45 days?  Strange.  Anyhow, keep pursuing PayPal and the cc company.

PayPal is becoming hard to deal with. I sent them the sellers listing, an invoice from cgc showing submission and the posted grade and notes showing restoration. Today I receive an email telling me I need a 3rd party to write a report showing restoration.... I called and explained that the report is in the registry online. I went so far as to show the Rep how to do it. He said he put notes and will re-escalate. But I get the feeling I being put on hold. Any thought or guidance will be greatly appreciated 

1 hour ago, BIZZARRO said:

PayPal is becoming hard to deal with. I sent them the sellers listing, an invoice from cgc showing submission and the posted grade and notes showing restoration. Today I receive an email telling me I need a 3rd party to write a report showing restoration.... I called and explained that the report is in the registry online. I went so far as to show the Rep how to do it. He said he put notes and will re-escalate. But I get the feeling I being put on hold. Any thought or guidance will be greatly appreciated 

Press them. Harass the service line until you get an answer. 

I threaten and challenged the process, I said I think I proved that the listing was not honest and frauds me. I also said I think my credit card company would view my proof differently. I called my credit card company and they said I would normally have 60 days to file. But even after that they can look into it. I at a loss for words and don't know which direction to go?

36 minutes ago, BIZZARRO said:

I threaten and challenged the process, I said I think I proved that the listing was not honest and frauds me. I also said I think my credit card company would view my proof differently. I called my credit card company and they said I would normally have 60 days to file. But even after that they can look into it. I at a loss for words and don't know which direction to go?

Hmmm I think PayPal is the first route I would take. I would just pressure them until they got back to me. Like I would call all day until they resolved it. If we are talking 13.5k it is worth the time. Maybe CGC can write you up something to confirm the resto, and you can corroborate your claim that way? Worth a shot...

They were nice enough to email me the grade report with the graders notes. Sad thing is it's so hard to explain that all they need to do is verify certifiacation on cgc comics. Com

i hopeful but one more delay and I will go through my credit card issuer

I think I'm done with PayPal. Just received another email saying I'm not supplying them with enough proof to show the item is not as described.

ill call again in the morning and they will put frosting over the issue and say they will look into it only to have the person in charge reduce my claim to nothing. If I can't make headway I will close the case there and open with my credit card company. I don't know how it is difficult for them to see my point?

What are you showing them as proof? I would think that sending a copy of the original eBay listing, a scan of the book in the purple CGC case (maybe send a scan of a book in a blue label case also so they can see the difference) and the grader's notes should be enough. There is also a page on the CGC website that shows all the CGC labels with pictures and describes what each label is - I would print that out to send to them also. As well, maybe someone at CGC would be able to email you a short letter backing up your claim.

Update........ PayPal came through and decided in my favor. I out the grading /pressing fees but oh well... lesson learned.... I wanted to thank everyone for your time, advise and experience. I am very happy to be a member of the society

21 minutes ago, BIZZARRO said:

Update........ PayPal came through and decided in my favor. I out the grading /pressing fees but oh well... lesson learned.... I wanted to thank everyone for your time, advise and experience. I am very happy to be a member of the society

:golfclap:^^:whee:

It ashame, it's still a very nice book as a retired copy. I will package and send back Monday. I suppose he gets a nice slabbed book with proper grade and discription and I pay for grading and now shipping registered mail with signature confirmation 

10 minutes ago, BIZZARRO said:

It ashame, it's still a very nice book as a retired copy. I will package and send back Monday. I suppose he gets a nice slabbed book with proper grade and discription and I pay for grading and now shipping registered mail with signature confirmation 

Neg him on Ebay obviously.

5 hours ago, BIZZARRO said:

Excellent news!  Chalk one up for the good guys!  :banana: