• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM #25 1:1000 DESTROYED

49 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Notice how there is already some shreddings seen through the window on the bin.

they didn't open the comic or have a close up to see if it was real.

The comic is indeed real...it was mine. Why would you think it is s fake??  I can assure you that Diamond delivered not one, but 2 copies that had damage. In order to get another copy a retailer HAS TO show proof of destruction. Geez always someone overanalyzing something so straightforward..,

3 minutes ago, Mercury Man said:

Is this going to be one of those variants that sells for $2K in a back alley, with unmarked bills, and we are all supposed to want one even though we don't care about Modern variants?

I honestly can't think of a single constructive thing you have ever said.  

-J.

6 hours ago, LovetheLizard said:

The comic is indeed real...it was mine. Why would you think it is s fake??  I can assure you that Diamond delivered not one, but 2 copies that had damage. In order to get another copy a retailer HAS TO show proof of destruction. Geez always someone overanalyzing something so straightforward..,

I said what I said. 

Im sorry to say if you wanted it to be real there should have been more evidence than a 5 foot away video.

Why does it slip when the second guy holds it?

It would be very easy to fake that with a high res copy of the cover attached to a coverless copy of the regular edition. I'm NOT accusing anyone as i have no proof.

1 minute ago, Jordysnordy said:

What's the point of shredding a comic or any book for that matter? If you really don't want it, donate it to a children's hospital or shelter so that kids can enjoy reading it. Is this supposed to be a protest against rare variants?

According to the OP:

11 hours ago, LovetheLizard said:

In order to get another copy a retailer HAS TO show proof of destruction.

1 minute ago, Foley said:

According to the OP:

So he's getting another copy because A. He destroyed the 1st copy because he just felt like it? B. He destroyed the 1st copy because he didn't feel it was 9.8 worthy? C. He destroyed the 1st copy because he's protesting modern rare variants? D. He's nuts? ( and if Marvel keeps sending out "replacement " copies does this mean the print run is higher or are they printing new ones to fill out these replacement books?)

I don't get this thread.

hm

Trying to work out what I feel about this. On the one hand, the OP has every right to do what he wants with his own property. I wouldn't challenge that principle.

On the other hand, if it is real, he has effectively just shred $3,000 to make a point. 

I wonder how many people watching would like (or even desperately need) either $3,000 or this completist's dream/nightmare comic?

So, Peter Parker had every right to use his powers in any which way he liked. I wouldn't challenge that principle.

But he chose to use them for good.

I think I've made my mind up.

According to the caption on the youtube video:

" Amazing Spider-Man 1:1000 Incentive cover. 
It came to us damaged and Marvel Instructed us to destroy it before they would send us a replacement. This is that destruction. The replacement was actually even worse so expect part 2 soon. 
(and because we have been asked, the reason the middle pages of the book fall out was because we actually had to remove most of the interior pages first to fit in the shredder) "

So it seems like he's getting "damaged" copies from Marvel, complaining to them, and they're telling him to destroy the damaged ones before they send him new ones (shrug)

He then confused things with what I'm assuming was a joke in the opening post:

15 hours ago, LovetheLizard said:

My master plan to destroy ALL 1:1000's.... HAIL HYDRA!

7 minutes ago, Marwood & I said:

hm

Trying to work out what I feel about this. On the one hand, the OP has every right to do what he wants with his own property. I wouldn't challenge that principle.

On the other hand, if it is real, he has effectively just shred $3,000 to make a point. 

I wonder how many people watching would like (or even desperately need) either $3,000 or this completist's dream/nightmare comic?

So, Peter Parker had every right to use his powers in any which way he liked. I wouldn't challenge that principle.

But he chose to use them for good.

I think I've made my mind up.

He's not out the $3000.00 as he's getting a replacement copy but I agree with what you are saying.