• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Unique Piece of Walt Simonson THOR OA

3 posts in this topic

A Unique Piece of Walt Simonson THOR OA

Hi,

my daughters are obsessed with making videos -- or more specifically, having ME make videos to post on YouTube so they can watch. Because of my work, I do lots of stuff involving theme parks and toys, so they dig those kind of videos. Now they've started asking me to show off some of the art and toys I have in my 'fun room' ...

So here goes. One of my favorite and most interesting pieces in my meager collection is an FDNY helmet actually used on the job by NY's Bravest, with a custom drawing of THOR on it by none other than Walt Simonson. Walt did this for a charity auction benefiting the FDNY Foundation at the 2015 NY Comic Con. My good friend Frank is the press secretary for the FDNY and had asked me early on if he thought doing these custom helmets was a good idea. I of course, screamed YES! They wound up getting Walt, John Romita, Paolo Rivera & his dad + several other top artists to turn these helmets into special works of art. I was lucky enough to win this one ... which is probably the only Simonson THOR art I'll ever have :)

Hope you enjoy this video of the helmet ...  and here's a pic of the helmet..

IMG_9128.JPG