• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicArtAds interview with Will Gabri-El

7 posts in this topic

Good evening!  Following up on my interview with Mitch Itkowitz from a few months ago, I have now posted an interview with Will Gabri-El on www.comicartads.com:

http://comicartads.com/content/will-gabri-el-interview

Will has been a supporter of my quest to collect and share old original comic art ads, and he is a great art dealer and proprietor of Will's Comic Art Page (www.comicartpage.com). 

In this interview, Will shares how he became an art dealer, some of his best finds as an art collector, and some of the great art that "got away" from him over the years. 

Enjoy, and thanks to Will for his time and support!  Best regards, Lee

Edited by Lee B.

This is a great Q&A.  Loved reading it, as it reminded me of getting to know Will all over again.  We first talked (using those telephone things) after responding to a CBG ad (in one of those newspaper things) about a Kirby/Sinnott page  I think it was a trade of my $300 TOS 98 page and some cash for his $700 FF 70 page) in 1993 or so.  Will became my best friend in the hobby even though we didn't meet for over a decade.  If I recall correctly, I knew where some art was that Will was interested in, and he offered me a finders' fee, and I said I'd rather just keep sharing information instead, and that was part of what fueled hundreds of conversations to come.  Nice to see this!

Will was the first dealer I ever worked with, and he has always been a complete gentleman. Fun interview!

Thanks for the kind words everyone!  I will try to get going on another interview as soon as I can.  I liked Glen's comment about feeling like a collector is one of your best friends even though you have never met in person.  I have had that feeling about several folks over the years in this hobby.  Best regards, Lee