• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Next ComicConnect Auction is putting up some interesting stuff
3 3

217 posts in this topic

Just saw the next ComicConnect auction listing.  No Jon Berk books yet (I assume it is the next auction they do), but some other interesting stuff.

Action 2, 7.5 Blue :whatthe:

Batman 1 6.0 slight resto :luhv:

Some nice Detectives

and don't miss the Timely USA's

15 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

Just saw the next ComicConnect auction listing.  No Jon Berk books yet (I assume it is the next auction they do), but some other interesting stuff.

Some nice Detectives

And the odd ball rarities also

Edited by comicjack

Some great runs and semi-runs of early Fox titles in a smattering of different grades. Those will be fun to watch.

Here's a notable one! -- >  Fantastic Comics #22

By the way, check out the link above. Is it me or is there some kind of strange distortion happening on a number of the slab scans, making the bottoms of the books look wider & more miscut than they actually are?

Those Harvey's are SOOOOO tempting, just don't see some of that stuff EVER! But after the recent C'Link and CC auctions gotta try and save the money for the Berk collection :cry:

......though there is one book that is screaming my name :shy:

3 hours ago, batman_fan said:

Some nice Detectives

Supes 1 7.0 (R)

Action 7 4.0

A-man 26

I also see IGB are back with at least 3 books including a Tec 35 9.8 and a Fantastic 3 9.2 :smirk:

I thought this was to be the Jon Berk auction (shrug)

Edited by Gotham Kid

23 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

Supes 1 7.0 (R)

Action 7 4.0

A-man 26

I also see IGB are back with at least 3 books including a Tec 35 9.8 and a Fantastic 3 9.2 :smirk:

Next one preview ends early june with the auction after 

46 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

With the massive Jon Berk Collection scheduled to go in their Regular May / June Event Auction time slot, it looks like CC has decided to sneak in an extra major Event Auction in April / May for their non-Berk consignments.  :gossip:

Looks like CC is going to be the first one out of the gate this time as their auction appears to be scheduled to end on May 5th, followed by Heritage's big auction scheduled for May 18/19, which will then be followed by CL's big Spring Featured Auction with lots scheduled to be open for bidding starting on May 17th.  This will then be followed by CC completing their end run with the big Jon Berk Auction scheduled to close on the week of June 12th - 16th.

Not a bad play by CC as they get to squeeze in an extra big auction this way, and at the front end to boot.  Much better strategy than running the Jon Berk Auction concurrently at the same time as their regular Event Auction.  This was what happened with the Marc Lasry Collection last December, and shall we say, did not produce the best results for either Lasry or their other regular consignors.  Evidently the lesson was learned.  hm  (thumbsu

Edited by lou_fine

3 hours ago, Point Five said:

Some great runs and semi-runs of early Fox titles in a smattering of different grades. Those will be fun to watch.

By the way, check out the link above. Is it me or is there some kind of strange distortion happening on a number of the slab scans, making the bottoms of the books look wider & more miscut than they actually are?

It's not just you i have been noticing this as well and WHOA!! that is awesome!! They also have a US Jones #2 so cool!! 

5 hours ago, Point Five said:

3 hours ago, lou_fine said:

With the massive Jon Berk Collection scheduled to go in their Regular May / June Event Auction time slot, it looks like CC has decided to sneak in an extra major Event Auction in April / May for their non-Berk consignments.  :gossip:

Looks like CC is going to be the first one out of the gate this time as their auction appears to be scheduled to end on May 5th, followed by Heritage's big auction scheduled for May 18/19, which will then be followed by CL's big Spring Featured Auction with lots scheduled to be open for bidding starting on May 17th.  This will then be followed by CC completing their end run with the big Jon Berk Auction scheduled to close on the week of June 12th - 16th.

Not a bad play by CC as they get to squeeze in an extra big auction this way, and at the front end to boot.  Much better strategy than running the Jon Berk Auction concurrently at the same time as their regular Event Auction.  This was what happened with the Marc Lasry Collection last December, and shall we say, did not produce the best results for either Lasry or their other regular consignors.  Evidently the lesson was learned.  hm  (thumbsu

How about putting up books in the comiclink focused auction which starts 4/12.  That way people still have money before all the big event auctions

5 hours ago, SupergirlDC19591 said:

What a beauty More Fun Comics #56 CGC 9.2!!

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=720102

This one should definitely be interesting to watch, as it's not only the highest graded copy to date, but also a White Page Church copy to boot.  :cloud9:

Only real drawback is that it's part of the More Fun run which is another one of the 2nd tier DC runs that is not exactly setting the marketplace on fire, except for the movie related hyped More Fun 73.  But since More Fun 56 is considered to be a classic Dr. Fate cover and a key book, I guess we'll find out if this apparent momentum shift back towards some of the long time traditional keys will continue to take hold, as MF 56 definitely qualifies as one of these traditional DC keys.  hm  (shrug)

Yes indeed, let's hope this copy can reverse the downward trend in prices that this book seems to have suffered from 2002 through to its last reported through Heritage in 2012.  :wishluck:

Edited by lou_fine

8 hours ago, batman_fan said:

There's definitely going to be a lot of Action in this particular CC Event Auction here.  :gossip:

Yes, pretty hard to beat unrestored decent HTF copies of Action 2, Action 3, Action 7, Action 13, and even an unrestored copy of Action 10, all in the same one auction here.  :whatthe:  :whatthe:  :whatthe:

Edited by lou_fine

15 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Science Comics 2 :whatthe:

That never seems to come up!

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=717201

agreed! There's a nice little run of Science Comics, and Startling, and lots of stuff... not high grade, but books that when they come up in ANY grade are worth paying attention to...

7 hours ago, Dark Knight said:

It would be interesting to see if the market can absorb all these prime selection of books this year.

No problem at all