• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Next ComicConnect Auction is putting up some interesting stuff
3 3

217 posts in this topic

On 3/28/2017 at 4:52 AM, Ricksneatstuff said:

Science Comics 2 :whatthe:

That never seems to come up!

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=717201

Definitely looks like some of these Fox books will do just fine from the consignor's point of view:

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=715477

Not so sure though about some of the ones that are still sitting there at less than $100 at this point in the auction.  (shrug)

On 3/27/2017 at 11:13 PM, lou_fine said:

There's definitely going to be a lot of Action in this particular CC Event Auction here.  :gossip:

Yes, pretty hard to beat unrestored decent HTF copies of Action 2, Action 3, Action 7, Action 13, and even an unrestored copy of Action 10, all in the same one auction here.  :whatthe:  :whatthe:  :whatthe:

Looks like I was wrong about a lot of action on these early Actions since they have been pretty well dormant for the past few weeks after some initial bidding. 

With just 1 more day to go, any guesses as to where this Action 7 will end up finishing at since it has been sitting at this same $121K mark for the last 3 weeks, without inching up by even a single dollar:

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=713907

I guess all of the serious bidders for these books are simply biding their time until the extended auction bidding time period comes around.   hm

Edited by lou_fine

13 minutes ago, lpsunburst said:
9 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

That Bats1 6.0 Sl(A-1) is :luhv:

Didn't sell cheap, lots of love for that copy. 

Seeing as how their last copy, a 7.5 EP went for close to 40K, I actually think it did.

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=695249

Edited by Gotham Kid

On 4/19/2017 at 8:51 AM, walclark said:

Or don't fall asleep sitting at the computer, waiting to place a bid, and wake up a couple minutes after it closes.  Not that that's ever happened to me.

:tonofbricks:

Maybe a lot of potential bidders did fall asleep at their computers.  zzz

Especially since a lot of the bigger books in today's auction hardly moved at all in the extended auction bidding time period or stayed where they were prior to the end of the auction.  If I remember correctly, there was a lot more active bidding in their last auction.

Wonder if all of the big bidders are simply keeping their powder dry for the Jon Berk Collection due out in their next auction?  hm

27 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Maybe a lot of potential bidders did fall asleep at their computers.  zzz

Especially since a lot of the bigger books in today's auction hardly moved at all in the extended auction bidding time period or stayed where they were prior to the end of the auction.  If I remember correctly, there was a lot more active bidding in their last auction.

Wonder if all of the big bidders are simply keeping their powder dry for the Jon Berk Collection due out in their next auction?  hm

I thought the Amazing Comics #1 9.2 would do a lot better than $3500.  I thought that was a great price but I didn't bid.

On 4/30/2017 at 1:01 PM, lou_fine said:
On 3/27/2017 at 11:13 PM, lou_fine said:

There's definitely going to be a lot of Action in this particular CC Event Auction here.  :gossip:

Yes, pretty hard to beat unrestored decent HTF copies of Action 2, Action 3, Action 7, Action 13, and even an unrestored copy of Action 10, all in the same one auction here.  :whatthe:  :whatthe:  :whatthe:

Looks like I was wrong about a lot of action on these early Actions since they have been pretty well dormant for the past few weeks after some initial bidding. 

With just 1 more day to go, any guesses as to where this Action 7 will end up finishing at since it has been sitting at this same $121K mark for the last 3 weeks, without inching up by even a single dollar:

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=713907

I guess all of the serious bidders for these books are simply biding their time until the extended auction bidding time period comes around.   hm

Looks like I was wrong again here.  :facepalm:

I guess all of the serious bidders had already placed their top bids from the get go as there was hardly any movement at all in the end on most of these early Action books.  :whatthe:

The only real exception to this was the Fair 1.0 graded copy of Action 13 that almost pulled a double from its price of $12K as the auction on this book was ending.  Looks like it managed to hit just a shade over $22.5K by the time it was all said and done.  The Nova Scotia 8.5 graded copy of Action 21 also didn't do too bad at $28K with a ton of bids placed on it.  (thumbsu