• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wondercon - Art dealers?

13 posts in this topic

I'm going Sunday. I'll have my six-year-old with me, but I'm bringing his iPad so fingers crossed I'll be able to see/talk some art when we're not looking at Star Wars stuff.

Edited by J.Sid

Had a ton of fun at the show. (iPad worked like a charm for distracting my kid) 

I was able to do a deal with Bechara and with Saul. Was very interesting talking to them. I've bumped into them numerous times over the years in San Diego, but the circumstances were never quite right to make something happen.

Very few art dealers there, but those that were there had GREAT STUFF. Sorry I didn't take pictures. Forgot because I was always rushing out of our production studio to sneak a few minutes at the art tables. Bechara and Saul had killer art on display. Lots of Kirby .... Somehow Bechara always manages to display fresh covers. Guy must have a RIDICULOUS inventory. 

I worked out a deal with Saul for a really nice Bronze Age cover ... but until the transaction is complete and its in my hands, I'll keep quiet so as not to jinx it. :)