SANDMAN #75 CGC 9.8 SECOND PRINT + VENG of VAMPIRELLA ROYAL BLUE #1
2 2

21 posts in this topic

54,813 posts

SANDMAN #75 CGC 9.8 SECOND PRINT

Anyone got one?

There are now 5 on the census...highest grade is a 9.4.

Any leads on one?

UPDATED: Added Vengeance of Vampirella #1 Royal Blue.

Edited by RockMyAmadeus

4,060 posts

Hey Rock, does it clearly state 2nd printing on the credits pages? Just making sure. Thanks! 

54,813 posts
4 hours ago, cujobyte said:

Hey Rock, does it clearly state 2nd printing on the credits pages? Just making sure. Thanks! 

It says 2nd printing in the indicia, yes, but more importantly, it says "2nd printing" on the cover, in the UPC.

Here's a pic:

s-l400.jpg

4,047 posts
On 3/28/2017 at 1:37 PM, RockMyAmadeus said:

SANDMAN #75 CGC 9.8 SECOND PRINT

Anyone got one?

There are now 5 on the census...highest grade is a 9.4.

Any leads on one?

Maybe it's early and/or I'm just dense, but if the census has the highest as a 9.4, there probably isn't a graded 9.8, right?

Unless it *just* happened and hasn't made it to the census yet.

54,813 posts
28 minutes ago, manetteska said:

Maybe it's early and/or I'm just dense, but if the census has the highest as a 9.4, there probably isn't a graded 9.8, right?

Unless it *just* happened and hasn't made it to the census yet.

That is correct. Currently, there is no CGC 9.8 that exists.

That does not mean, however, that a CGC 9.8 cannot exist in the future.

It just takes a submission. If someone has one that is a 9.8 potential, and they see this thread, they'll know someone has interest in it, and they might submit it.

Well...actually, there are a FEW someones who have interest in THIS book in 9.8, including a couple of top registry set owners. 

4,060 posts

Thanks Rock for that info. Fairly sure mine are probably just 1st prints, but I'll double check them all this weekend. 

5,349 posts
4 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Veng of Vampirella #1 Royal Blue in any grade, by the way.

Good luck Rock. I gave up the search many years ago. If you manage to get more than you're looking for, shoot me a pm:hi:

54,813 posts
Just now, I like pie said:

Good luck Rock. I gave up the search many years ago. If you manage to get more than you're looking for, shoot me a pm:hi:

Yeah, it's tough, to be sure. Did you see the 9.0 that Lonestar sold a while ago...?

:eek:

54,813 posts
3 hours ago, I like pie said:

I did. I also saw 2 9.8's on the census. Are those new?

I don't think so, at least not one. There was a RB raw that sold on eBay 10 years or so ago for $25. I cried a little when I missed it.

10 posts

I've been on the outlook for one of these in every bin I stop by and nothing over the last year. I do have two copies that don't say either "Direct Sale" or "2nd Print" on the cover in my files - but I assume those might be subscription-based copies? I couldn't find anything about them. It doesn't say 2nd print (or first) on the inside. 

1 post

I casually bought some comics in the 1990s--new in comic book stores, bagged & boarded at purchase, and stored in a comic book box. Now, all these years later, I'm sorting through them and probably the only 2 that are potentially worth anything over cover price are Sandman #75 2nd Print (yes, it says "2nd Printing" on the cover instead of "Direct Sales") and Superman #500 (in white plastic bag w/3 trading cards). I'd like to sell them, however searching online value guide, forums, and ebay hasn't given me a great idea of what these are worth, and whether I should send them off to be graded & slabbed. (Silly noob question, but when you send a bagged comic like Superman #500 off for grading, they have to open it from the bag, which then potentially lessons its value, is that right? But you'd never know if you have a 9.4 or a 9.8 without opening, so catch-22?)

Looking for advice on what steps I should take with these. Thanks.

1,089 posts
On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 6:46 PM, azure said:

I casually bought some comics in the 1990s--new in comic book stores, bagged & boarded at purchase, and stored in a comic book box. Now, all these years later, I'm sorting through them and probably the only 2 that are potentially worth anything over cover price are Sandman #75 2nd Print (yes, it says "2nd Printing" on the cover instead of "Direct Sales") and Superman #500 (in white plastic bag w/3 trading cards). I'd like to sell them, however searching online value guide, forums, and ebay hasn't given me a great idea of what these are worth, and whether I should send them off to be graded & slabbed. (Silly noob question, but when you send a bagged comic like Superman #500 off for grading, they have to open it from the bag, which then potentially lessons its value, is that right? But you'd never know if you have a 9.4 or a 9.8 without opening, so catch-22?)

Looking for advice on what steps I should take with these. Thanks.

CGC automatically opens any books that were in a baggy for grading, so you might as well just remove it yourself and see if it is worth to submit.

11,734 posts
21 hours ago, maraxusofkeld said:

CGC automatically opens any books that were in a baggy for grading, so you might as well just remove it yourself and see if it is worth to submit.

I don't know but 'if' the book is more valuable in the bag, I would think he should leave it in the bag and not submit to CGC ?

2,713 posts
4 minutes ago, Marvel-ous said:

I have a Sandman #75 2nd print in a 9.8. Got it back a little over a week ago. 

IMG_8631.jpg

I was about to bring up your copy! Still very jealous :)

618 posts
On 3/7/2019 at 6:49 PM, Marvel-ous said:

I have a Sandman #75 2nd print in a 9.8. Got it back a little over a week ago. 

IMG_8631.jpg

Very nice book!

453 posts

i have one raw. Going to send in. Bagged and boarded for 23 years. What can i expect? 9.4-9.6. I think its a stretch to hope for a 9.8