• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best SA book you have enjoyed reading?
1 1

39 posts in this topic

Just now, KirbyJack said:

Are you asking which key book is the best to read, or favorite in general?

Any book mine so happens to be SC4 if it was Hulk 105 (random) then that would be it but for me it's SC4.

Edited by SupergirlDC19591

I'm rare* in that I have a single favorite comic; Fantastic Four Annual #6. In fact, I just finished rereading it in Original Art form! Yesterday I received The IDW Jack Kirby Artist's Edition, which features excellent scans of every single page of OA used in creating the issue. I own several copies of the 1968 comic, as well as the 1976 reprint, but I had to spring for this book. Just too awesome a story!

* - ( most collectors I've asked cannot give a definitive answer on one, single, favorite comic)

Fantastic Four 51

Adventure Comics 352, 353 

Edited by Ken Aldred

I enjoyed reading Lee and Kirby's JIM and Thor run from 101 through to the mid-130s in particular.  A lot of really nice Kirby art in there, preferring the earlier material inked by Chic Stone rather than the later work erased by Colletta.