• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The comic(s) that made you bawl your eyes out
4 4

109 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:
6 minutes ago, Marwood & I said:

You were supposed to say "Diddy?" Ken. :makepoint:

I've never been a fan of his rap music. Biggy Smalls was much more talented

No, Doddy! ?

Didn't really work did it. ?

3 minutes ago, Marwood & I said:

No, Doddy! ?

Didn't really work did it. ?

You mean P Doddy?

Even though he was from the tough streets of Liverpool, his gangsta rap album failed to convince.

Edited by Ken Aldred

2 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

You mean P Doddy?

That's what I used to tell my Dad I wanted every time we got ten feet down the road as a kid. 

17 hours ago, nickwire said:

its weird that animal deaths hit so much harder than people in comics for me, pride of Baghdad and WE3 hit me big time. another lesser known is a back up story in an early marvel fanfare with daredevil and a young blind kid and his dog. I cried like a baby.

I thought of this story, as well.

When I was  kid, this issue made me so sad. Rick Jones makes friends with the other creatures that got irradiated during the gamma bomb explosion, but they end up kicking him out after one of their own is killed in an attack on their hidden lair. 

cover-329.jpg

Edited by Gary Strange

On 3/29/2017 at 11:20 AM, Pontoon said:

I'm not sure if a comic has ever made me cry, but as a lad I always thought Man-Thing #5, "Night of the Laughing Dead," about the clown who commits suicide was pretty sad.

This is by far the most disturbing comic I ever read and "listened to" courtesy of Power Records.  Not really a good thing marketing to little 9-year-old kids like me about clowns that commit depression-induced suicide and then their ghost goes-a-haunting.

24 minutes ago, Gary Strange said:

When I was  kid, this issue made me so sad. Rick Jones makes friends with the other creatures that got irradiated during the gamma bomb explosion, but they end up kicking him out after one of their own is killed in an attack on their hidden lair. 

cover-329.jpg

Never read the story, but that cover art definitely makes me wanna cry! :sick:

Goblin apparently thinks every skydiver dies in transit from 'a fall from that height'.  someone pls tell me there was a letter in the letters column about this gaffe.

Edited by kav

A book I’ve always found quite disturbing is issue 8 of Kirby's Eternals series.  There’s a scene where the most extremely-mutated Deviants are being transported in Death Wagons to be exterminated in a furnace, and, I always assumed the worst here, while still alive.  There’s something extremely sad about how defeated they look in there; demonised for no actual fault of their own, simply the helpless victims of a desperate eugenics policy.

Let’s not get into the quite obvious, real world, historical parallels.

Edited by Ken Aldred

23 hours ago, zosocane said:

Didn't make me cry, but most emotionally memorable set of panels I have ever read:

39f5b9f0ec037a285215a000d771d100.jpg

Definitely a memorable set of panels; but even when I first read it, what Gobby said in the final panel didn't make sense.   "A fall from that height would kill anyone before they struck the ground"?  What about sky-divers?  Conway's dialogue could be ridiculous at times.