• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

16% OFF EASTER WEEKEND DISCOUNT STARTING TODAY. CONDENSED LIST OF BOOKS STILL AVAILABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
4 4

175 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, cmcfan said:

I just got some terrible and slightly devastating news that my grandmother will not make it out of her surgery, that will have to be the last one for today.  I will continue tomorrow at 12 PST.

I'm sorry I didn't see this before I PM'd you with an offer, I feel terrible. My sincere Condolences to you and your family.

17 hours ago, cmcfan said:

Captain America Comics 7. Red Skull appearance; Classic cover.  Tape down entire spine. Grade it at 1.5 CF detached. $695.

FullSizeRender_1.jpg

No offense but this book needs some more explanation.... 

I know it's only a 1.5 but I see....

...a piece of vertical tap at the R in the masthead "America" that goes down to cap's head and goes up through the T in captain

Any other non obvious things about the condition of the book?

And I'm still confused about the original image that you said had "pieces" covering the yellow loss and writing in the "ain" of Captain and in multiple spots on the last A in America? Cause the image doesn't look like paper pieces it looks like some used paint or some other basic drawing program to add some color blocks to the image. So were there physical pieces of paper covering those spots? How was it attached? 

Captain America Masthead.png

Edited by miraclemet

2 hours ago, miraclemet said:

No offense but this book needs some more explanation.... 

I know it's only a 1.5 but I see....

...a piece of vertical tap at the R in the masthead "America" that goes down to cap's head and goes up through the T in captain

Any other non obvious things about the condition of the book?

And I'm still confused about the original image that you said had "pieces" covering the yellow loss and writing in the "ain" of Captain and in multiple spots on the last A in America? Cause the image doesn't look like paper pieces it looks like some used paint or some other basic drawing program to add some color blocks to the image. So were there physical pieces of paper covering those spots? How was it attached? 

Captain America Masthead.png

Dude, have a heart. The guy just lost his grandmother... Couldn't this have waited?

cmcfan, VERY sorry for your loss. My grandparents bought me my first MAD magazine and lots of SA comics off the rack and were also very supportive of my love for comics. I still miss them. Cherish those memories. 

Sorry for your loss ComicFan , i loved my Grandmothers ! both of them were wonderful ! R.I.P

This has been a great sales thread !  i have been very tempted,..selling is very time consuming and hard work... thank you for all your effort and GTWTS (good luck with the sale) !!

Thanks again everyone for the heart felt sentiments.  I will try to be less scattered today.  As for the Cap 9 I am pulling it from the sale as it has become to much of a distraction than anything else.  Which is my fault as I didn't do my due diligence with it.  It's not for sale any longer.  I'll kick this back up in about 45 min.  Thanks again boardies.

Red Seal 19.  Top Left corner blunt and two FC stains.  One below the "L" lightly comes to int of FC.  One other stain between the monsters eyes that does not affect interior.  A gorgeous book otherwise with OW pages. $525.  Grade it as a 7.0. SOLD

IMG_1407.jpg

IMG_1408.jpg

Edited by cmcfan