• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Freestate Comicon -- October 21, 2017 (Lawrence, KS)

33 posts in this topic

Just messaged back and forth with the promoter, and there will be a 1 hour preview on Friday night (Oct 20th) for advance ticket holders. If you're local and planning to attend anyway, this is a nice bonus. I just wanted to make sure everyone knew about it.

3 hours ago, Silver Ager said:

Anyone know if any 50-cent boxes will be there? A few years ago there was somebody that had one that was even alphabetized. And they were bagged and boarded too- a rare find. Never saw them again, far as I know.

My boxes are alphanumeric and bagged/boarded, with plenty of books at $1 apiece. It'd be difficult to make that work with 50 cent boxes...

1 hour ago, D Stuart said:

Great little show! I'll be setup again in the same corner I had this spring for FanCon! Swing by and check CoMo Comics out! We've bought thousands of new books over the summer and will have a lot of fresh inventory in our priced as marked, 1/2 off and $1 boxes! 

Looking forward to the show too! I'll be set up as well!

Bought tickets sight unseen because of the first line.  My nephew will be with me, and he'll be deep diving in those comic boxes.  His primary focus is Spawn.  Any dealers there going to have some Spawn on hand?

P.S. The website needs a little work.  Some links still go to past shows.  One last question: any food vendors?

Edited by celluloidbuff
P.S.

8 hours ago, celluloidbuff said:

Bought tickets sight unseen because of the first line.  My nephew will be with me, and he'll be deep diving in those comic boxes.  His primary focus is Spawn.  Any dealers there going to have some Spawn on hand?

P.S. The website needs a little work.  Some links still go to past shows.  One last question: any food vendors?

You'll enjoy the show. I set up as Paleo Comics, and I'll have a good selection of Spawn on hand. Not sure about food, but I'd guess there'll be something. 

10 hours ago, mysterio said:

You'll enjoy the show. I set up as Paleo Comics, and I'll have a good selection of Spawn on hand. Not sure about food, but I'd guess there'll be something. 

Sounds good!  I bought extra tickets in case his friends want to come along.  My son, sadly, has zero interest.  I'll definitely look for the Paleo Comics booth.

In the past there is a concession stand in the hall that has been open.  It won't be a life altering culinary experience, but it will keep you from starving.  I'll also be bringing a good run of early Spawn. Pretty much a complete run from 1 to 50. 

7 hours ago, D Stuart said:

In the past there is a concession stand in the hall that has been open.  It won't be a life altering culinary experience, but it will keep you from starving.  I'll also be bringing a good run of early Spawn. Pretty much a complete run from 1 to 50. 

Sounds good.  I'll have to remind him to bring his list.  Last time we did this, he forgot and tried to remember by how the covers look.  With Spawn, that's nearly impossible.  The show is a week after his birthday, so I'm hoping he's flush with cash so he can take advantage of all the offerings over there.

On 9/13/2017 at 9:04 AM, mysterio said:

Just messaged back and forth with the promoter, and there will be a 1 hour preview on Friday night (Oct 20th) for advance ticket holders. If you're local and planning to attend anyway, this is a nice bonus. I just wanted to make sure everyone knew about it.

Do you by chance have any idea when advance tickets will be mailed out?  I saw your post a few weeks ago and ordered 2 tix right away.  So far all that has come in the mail is a postcard that entitles the holder to half off ticket prices, something like that.

I bought a bunch of Daredevil and GI Joe comics from the Paleo booth in Manhattan a few weeks ago, looking forward to seeing you guys again next week.

I would encourage comic lovers within a few hours of Lawrence to make the drive.  Admission is affordable and there really has been a great (and large) selection of books at past shows here.

5 hours ago, larryfk said:

Do you by chance have any idea when advance tickets will be mailed out?  I saw your post a few weeks ago and ordered 2 tix right away.  So far all that has come in the mail is a postcard that entitles the holder to half off ticket prices, something like that.

I bought a bunch of Daredevil and GI Joe comics from the Paleo booth in Manhattan a few weeks ago, looking forward to seeing you guys again next week.

I would encourage comic lovers within a few hours of Lawrence to make the drive.  Admission is affordable and there really has been a great (and large) selection of books at past shows here.

I'll message the promoter and ask him what you should expect. When I hear something I will post it so everyone interested can see it.

Thanks for your business at Little Apple, definitely introduce yourself to me when you see me in Lawrence. I love putting faces with board names!