• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HBO Max's BATGIRL starring Leslie Grace (2022?)
5 5

473 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Buzzetta said:

Do you ever take a step back and realize that some of the rhetoric that you use sometimes comes off as if you are unhinged or an EDP?

Spoiler
  • I read the Whedon story last night and stopped by the thread this morning to catch up on Star Wars stuff and saw that people were saying about it.  When I read the comments I chimed in on the issue of adultery.
  • I've always said I liked Man of Steel so no, I have never been on the "DC Sux bandwagon" as you call it.  Read what I wrote above. 
  • The DC Universe is a hot mess.  By the phrase "Hot Mess", I talk about disruptive changes of direction, various obstacles, underperforming movies, lack of cohesion as far as who is playing what in what movie, what movies are part of the shared universe and what is not, conflicting quotes from various executive sources and what not.  That is a hot mess. 
  • My comment that Disney will own Batman and Superman in ten years is reflective upon Disney basically buying everything else up in the past ten years.  Would it make you feel better if I wrote, it doesn't matter since Amazon will own Superman or Batman ?  Google? 
  • Wasn't called out on anything since you got my intent wrong.
  • Seriously... Grow up will you?  You get too involved in this stuff.  I don't see anyone else as 'offended' by my initial post as you are.  Perhaps the only person that would be offended is Whedon's wife.  You take stuff WAY to personally.  Why?  Because my post was not meant to stir a pot or offend.  However you take offense.  Just whoa. 
  • I am sure you will write something amazingly witty and thought provoking but once again, you are a cause of some of the toxicity and demonstrate why you are someone that should be avoided rather than engaged.   Have fun.  I have some work to attend to.  You know where to find me if you really must.  Something tells me that you will because you "must". 
  •  

Lunch was delicious.

I'll do this backwards for you.

1) Glad you enjoyed lunch.

2) The passive-aggressive 'amazing and witty' proves the intent here of stirring the pot. And I care less where else you post across the forum. No need for me to track you down.

3) How many folks in the TV-Movie sub-forum have gone on-and-on about how horrible DC is, and how great Marvel is - but not as a passing statement. More as a stir-things-up repeated statement.

4) How about someone that shows up in the Justice League thread to put it down and talk about how horrible the movie was compared to Marvel - then it turns out they never saw the movie?

5) How about someone repeatedly posting anything negative they can find in the Justice League thread, which when asked by THREE BOARD MEMBERS have they ever even seen the movie received no response?

6) So then you come along appearing to go down the same path with the comment 'DC is a hot mess' and then 'Disney will own them anyway' - sorry, but seems like the same pattern.

So I am the unhinged one when folks fixate on bashing DC productions (let's not forget TV shows) versus just sharing their dislike and moving on? Yeah. Maybe you should do some growing up, as it is from over two years of the same DC hate behavior that gets annoying after a while. And others have called this out, but then gave up because of the aggressive reactions.

Marvel. DC. Image. Dark Horse. Valiant. They all have room at the table to entertain the hobby and beyond.

Edited by Bosco685

53 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

I'll do this backwards for you.

1) Glad you enjoyed lunch.

2) The passive-aggressive 'amazing and witty' proves the intent here of stirring the pot. And I care less where else you post across the forum. No need for me to track you down.

3) How many folks in the TV-Movie sub-forum have gone on-and-on about how horrible DC is, and how great Marvel is - but not as a passing statement. More as a stir-things-up repeated statement.

4) How about someone that shows up in the Justice League thread to put it down and talk about how horrible the movie was compared to Marvel - then it turns out they never saw the movie?

5) How about someone repeatedly posting anything negative they can find in the Justice League thread, which when asked by THREE BOARD MEMBERS have they ever even seen the movie received no response?

6) So then you come along appearing to go down the same path with the comment 'DC is a hot mess' and then 'Disney will own them anyway' - sorry, but seems like the same pattern.

So I am the unhinged one when folks fixate on bashing DC productions (let's not forget TV shows) versus just sharing their dislike and moving on? Yeah. Maybe you should do some growing up, as it is from over two years of the same DC hate behavior that gets annoying after a while. And others have called this out, but then gave up because of the aggressive reactions.

Marvel. DC. Image. Dark Horse. Valiant. They all have room at the table to entertain the hobby and beyond.

1) Thanks - had the trout 

2) Great

3) Stop basing what I say on what others have said to you.  You sound like a wounded puppy... or a middle schooler.

4) I have never posted in the JL thread... because I have never seen the movie.  I have not bashed the movie and in fact stated that I will eventually see it. Read what I wrote... not relay what others have said or done to you.  BvS was still absolutely horrible after having seen it four times between the two incarnations... like it hurt my brain the same way Transformers V hurt my brain. 

5) Who is this person?  Me?  No... so why are you bringing up another person's actions as my own?  What are you even talking about?  Take that problem up with them. 

6) Not quite.  Don't be sorry though.  

Bonus: Never made mention of the TV shows. I've heard nothing but good things about them.  I do not watch much TV though so I do not believe I have ever commented on the TV shows.  I do not even have a cable package... I bought an Apple TV and stream a few shows using a relative's account because I rarely turn on the TV.   Never mentioned a pattern of your so called labeled DC Hate behavior.  You are actually a scary person.  Scarier that you even have a name for it. 

You are really out there... 

And seriously... the people who actually do bash DC films... why does that upset you?  Why does that get such a reaction out of you.  You are becoming unhinged. .   

Here is the part where you get to say what you want.  I will not be addressing or responding to you further...  This is not a FDQ exit.  I am still going to be here.  Not taking my ball and going home. I think at this point, for now, I am done with you and your toxicity and looniness. 

There is something wrong with you. 

Edited by Buzzetta

5 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

1) Thanks - had the trout 

2) Great

3) Stop basing what I say on what others have said to you.  You sound like a wounded puppy... or a middle schooler.

4) I have never posted in the JL thread... because I have never seen the movie.  I have not bashed the movie and in fact stated that I will eventually see it. Read what I wrote... not relay what others have said or done to you.  BvS was still absolutely horrible after having seen it four times between the two incarnations... like it hurt my brain the same way Transformers V hurt my brain. 

5) Who is this person?  Me?  No... so why are you bringing up another person's actions as my own?  What are you even talking about?  Take that problem up with them. 

6) Not quite.  Don't be sorry though.  

Bonus: Never made mention of the TV shows. I've heard nothing but good things about them.  I do not watch much TV though so I do not believe I have ever commented on the TV shows.  I do not even have a cable package... I bought an Apple TV and stream a few shows using a relative's account because I rarely turn on the TV.   Never mentioned a pattern of your so called labeled DC Hate behavior.  You are actually a scary person.  Scarier that you even have a name for it. 

You are really out there... 

And seriously... the people who actually do bash DC films... why does that upset you?  Why does that get such a reaction out of you.  You are becoming unhinged. .   

Here is the part where you get to say what you want.  I will not be addressing or responding to you further...  This is not a FDQ exit.  I am still going to be here.  Not taking my ball and going home. I think at this point, for now, I am done with you and your toxicity and looniness. 

There is something wrong with you. 

I see you are touched in the head. At least that's the 'thing' now is convince someone they are crazy because they differ with your approach or opinion. That seems nutty.

1) I'm sure it was good.

2) Yup.

3) I see the trend here. Everyone else differing with you are kids or mentally challenged. Gotcha.

4) YOU MISSED THE POINT. Your approach is a trend with folks that have this need to live through Marvel. So yes, it applies here.

5) Same as #4. Someone that fixated on bashing things is dealing with the lid off the jar. But whatever.

6) Again, a pattern.

Bonus-Bonus: Yes. I tear the tags off the pillows, I'm so scary. Please don't alert Bed Bath and Beyond.

Unhinged - again? But I get it. It's a debate method. Good on you in being consistent. And again, way to stir the pot, as I am totally calm in responding to your points. And I will be here too. :hi:

p.s. Please keep the Bed Bath and Beyond thing between us. They lock folks up for that. :ohnoez:

11 hours ago, kimik said:

Who is Roxanne Gay?

I had to go look her up on IMDB as I've never heard of her and I am still none the wiser!

Wikipedia shows her as writing a couple of novels and here is the comic book link:

In July 2016, Gay and poet Yona Harvey were announced as writers for Marvel Comics' World of Wakanda, a spin-off from the company's Black Panther title,[25] making them the first black women to be lead writers for Marvel.[26]

Black Panther: World of Wakanda was hailed for its prominent portrayal of LGBTQ characters.[27] The comic followed the journey of two lovers Aneka and Ayo, who are former members of the Dora Milaje, the Black Panther's female security force.[28] The series follows the pair through multiple events, including the siege of their city by Thanos and the flooding of Wakanda by Namor.[27]

The series was confirmed cancelled in June 2017 by Gay on twitter, ironically two days after the premiere of the trailer for the Black Panther movie, with their last issue released in March 2017.[29] Marvel stated no official reason for the cancellation, however, feminist tech site The Mary Sue pointed to the connection between Marvel's knock against "diversity titles" and the Marvel VP David Gabriel's statement that "people didn’t want any more diversity. They didn’t want female characters out there. That’s what we heard, whether we believe that or not. I don’t know that that’s really true, but that’s what we saw in sales."

8 minutes ago, bane said:

I had to go look her up on IMDB as I've never heard of her and I am still none the wiser!

Wikipedia shows her as writing a couple of novels and here is the comic book link:

Not to knock her work (which I haven't read), but I'd prefer either a comic book writer or screenwriter with a stronger record.

Like Gail Simone (comics) or

Kathryn Bigelow (movies).

Kathryn Bigelow (Point Break, The Hurt Locker, Zero Dark Thirty) could bring a serious Nolan-style sensibility to Batgirl as a gritty crime thriller.

31 minutes ago, bane said:

I had posted her works two pages back.

On 2/23/2018 at 6:06 AM, Bosco685 said:

Roxane Gay = Author of 'Marvel's World of Wakanda' and author of The New York Times best-selling essay collection Bad Feminist, the novel 'An Untamed State', the short story collection 'Difficult Women' and the memoir 'Hunger'.

Michele Wells = Vice-President of Content Strategy at DC Entertainment.

But then I became unhinged.

giphy.gif

(:

Last month when Joss Whedon dropped out of Batgirl because he couldn’t come up with a story, Roxane Gay, a New York Times best-selling author who has written Marvel comics before, offered to do it for him. A vice president at WB/DC Entertainment publicly replied on Twitter and there seemed to be interest on both sides.

Last night, Gay watched Justice League for the first time and she wasn’t happy with it. Her displeasure with it seemed to make her want to write Batgirl even more.

Wow! She really wants to tear into this.

Warner Bros. is lighting up the Bat-signal for Batgirl once again.

Two months after Joss Whedon left the Batgirl movie project, the studio is moving ahead on developing a new film project based on the DC Entertainment heroine. 

Christina Hodson, who wrote the upcoming Transformers spinoff Bumblebee, has been tapped to pen a new -script featuring Barbra Gordon, the daughter of Gotham City police commissioner James Gordon. Hodson wrote the 2017 Warner Bros. thriller Unforgettable, which starred Rosario Dawson and Katherine Heigl, and has been a player in a couple of writers rooms, for Transformers (which led to her nabbing the Bumblebee gig) and Ology, the franchise Paramount is developing based on the YA fictional encyclopedias from Templar Publishing. Hodson has already written the Batgirl character, having helped to develop a feature project based on the all-female crime-fighting group Birds of Prey.

Edited by Bosco685

Batgirl has become a top priority over at DC Films & Warner Bros. with a hunt for a new director currently underway.

Warner Bros. has had a ton of success in putting superhero movies with female leads at forefront of the DC Films slate. Wonder Woman was a critical and financial success that led to DC Films green-lighting a sequel titled Wonder Woman 1984 and other female-led films like Birds of Prey (and The Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn), Supergirl and Batgirl. Now that Wonder Woman 1984 and Birds of Prey have finished filming and entered post-production, Warner Bros. and DC are moving their focus to Batgirl.

Earlier today a production grid revealed that Supergirl could begin filming as soon as early 2020, but this not the case as that movie isn’t as much of a priority as Batgirl at Warners. According to a source, Batgirl is currently a big priority and the studio is even searching for a director for the project. Now, we don’t have any names as to who could direct Batgirl but this should be taken as good sign that Christina Hodson has delivered a fantastic -script.

Joss Whedon previously signed on to write, direct, and produce a Batgirl film before exiting the project, stating he could not crack the story for it. A couple of months later, Bumblebee writer Christina Hodson was hired to pen the Batgirl -script after reportedly impressing Warner Bros. with her work on the screenplay for Birds of Prey.

22 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Warner Bros. has had a ton of success in putting superhero movies with female leads at forefront of the DC Films slate. Wonder Woman was a critical and financial success that led to DC Films green-lighting a sequel titled Wonder Woman 1984 and other female-led films like Birds of Prey (and The Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn), Supergirl and Batgirl. Now that Wonder Woman 1984 and Birds of Prey have finished filming and entered post-production, Warner Bros. and DC are moving their focus to Batgirl.

o.O

They've had 1 so far. I wouldn't exactly call that a ton of success.

For clarification - I'm not hating on the DCU. Just bringing up a point.

Edited by Antpark
I'm not anti-DC

13 minutes ago, Antpark said:

o.O

They've had 1 so far. I wouldn't exactly call that a ton of success.

For clarification - I'm not hating on the DCU. Just bringing up a point.

What the article is probably going after is part of what made Suicide Squad a financial success was Margot Robbie alongside Will Smith. So now with Birds of Prey right around the corner, the female-led film path is stronger.

But I agree. The single female-led film that also received strong critic and audience responses was Wonder Woman.