• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Really fun original owner cgc unboxing video, lots of eye candy

29 posts in this topic

Just now, namisgr said:

I enjoyed the vid.  Thx for posting it.

It's much more fun to open your own boxes mailed from CGC, tho.  :wink:

Absolutely, but I'm not subbing any oo SA collections anytime soon. This guy bought every marvel title off the rack starting in the mid 60s, back filled to complete the collection, and kept buying up to the week he died, afaik. 

I know there are guys on here that have done the same thing and kudos to them!  

But I don't get to see them opening their  boxes.

I'm a sucker for the history of the hobby, and to see the grades he's getting, unpressed, is crazy for a complete collection that the owner actually read before he died. 

Great stuff. I recently contacted the guy facilitating the sale for the widow and mentioned to try a sale here, rather than eBay. I personally love having books in my collection that came from collectors like this - like me - that bought only the best copies on the shelf. 

I've been watching them as they come out, some really nice books :applause: I hope to do mine one day :wishluck:

The guy's a downer, so I wouldn't keep watching his videos, but he's my favorite kind of dealer to buy from... kept whining that "they can't all be 9.8" (with modern variant junk in full view), and shrugged that a 4.5 ASM 14 and FF 1 5.5 were "rough."  If he doesn't care about mid-grades, I'd be happy to relieve him of them :smile:

7 minutes ago, FineCollector said:

The guy's a downer, so I wouldn't keep watching his videos, but he's my favorite kind of dealer to buy from... kept whining that "they can't all be 9.8" (with modern variant junk in full view), and shrugged that a 4.5 ASM 14 and FF 1 5.5 were "rough."  If he doesn't care about mid-grades, I'd be happy to relieve him of them :smile:

I've never met the guy but from I can gather he is a store front dealer for pull listers only at this point. With piles of "modern variant junk" (people can collect what they want, etc) so his customers can pick from multiple copies,  to keep their runs high grade. This collection came from one of those pull listers.

And those books are rough compared to the rest of his complete marvel runs. 

I never understand the haters on here.