• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Iron Man #55 sells for $5,100

39 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, redknight99 said:

I was the buyer of that 9.8 Suscha News Pedigree book back in 2014.  I always been a Thanos fan boy and that was the first book after years of hiatus from comic book collecting as a child.

I didn't notice that it was a Suscha copy. Beautiful-looking book. Clearly means a lot to you. :smile:

As someone who was collecting long before the movie/netflix age. Ironically enough I started collecting in 2001 when the industry was almost dead. The days when keys where more affordable, especially in high grade. I don't think that those days will be back for a while, as much as I would love to have them back :cry:. Unless the movies start to bomb big at the box office and get horrible reviews, almost positive neither will happen across the board. These movies will keep coming. The hype will stay alive as long as the characters are in the spotlight. Investors will continue to reach deeper into their pockets and the hype train keeps going. As for IM 55, I think drax has something to do with the increase in price as well. Not huge but its their. The 9.8 wallet destroying sales will calm down as we all know that the hype typically goes nuts before the movies come out and rarely ever hits that unrealistic high ever again. Books like hulk 181, WWBN 32 and IR 55 have all had those sales. Unfortunately even before the hype started I did not have the money to buy mega keys, what bugs me the most is even mid to low grade keys are completely ridiculously over priced now. Books like WWBN 32 and Tomb of Dracula 10 in mid grade are going up almost every sale it seems. Hopefully this movie/netflix hype will calm down but its going to take a lot of crappy movies at this point to keeps the investors away from the hobby. That and the fate of the MCU after infinity wars.

2 hours ago, Comic Closet said:

Attempting to collect all of Iron Man vol. 1, this comic will the biggest hindrance on completing. 

Certainly not from a supply point of view as this book is available out there in massive quantities.

I guess it's just a matter of deciding which copy you want and then digging deep down into your pockets to pay for it. 

2 hours ago, Comic Closet said:

Attempting to collect all of Iron Man vol. 1, this comic will the biggest hindrance on completing. 

Kind of with you.  I like the character enough, but the price doesn't seem to justify.   Is there another First Appearance Bronze Age villain that is commanding that kind of money?  

9 minutes ago, Broke as a Joke said:

It seems everyone is holding their copies right now ready to pounce once that first Avengers trailer hits. 

Which then indicates to me that it'll be too late as the boat would have already sailed by then.  :gossip:

Especially if the market is flooded by a ton of these books with everybody thinking the same way.  hm

On 2017-04-24 at 6:48 PM, Mercury Man said:

Kind of with you.  I like the character enough, but the price doesn't seem to justify.   Is there another First Appearance Bronze Age villain that is commanding that kind of money?  

The DC equivalent...Darkseid?

Jim

On 3/31/2017 at 11:58 PM, lou_fine said:

Well, if you wait a few years until all of the movie hype has passed, I am sure you can pick up a copy for less than half that price.  :tonofbricks:

Especially since there are already 59 copies CGC graded at 9.8 and counting.  And on top of that, there would also be the 9.8's that's been graded by the other company.  far too many copies of an otherwise common book to maintain that kind of pricing level long term.  hm

I agree, Which is why I'm waiting for the price of Incredible Hulk 181 to come down in price after all the movie hype calms down, I should easily be able to pick up a 9.8 for half the going price it is now. Way too common of a book as you said to maintain that kind of price.  

On 4/24/2017 at 6:48 PM, Mercury Man said:

Superman's Pal, Jimmy Olsen 134 

43 minutes ago, World Devourer said:

I'd pay good money for that copy but not any copy.

Thanks for the complement Galactus :luhv:   As a humble kid I never imagine I'll own this book, and once Thanos made a cameo appearance at the Avenger.  It re-spark my interest into the hobby.  If my kids ever grow up to be a comic fanboy like me, I will definitely pass it down to them.

6 hours ago, redknight99 said:

Thanks for the complement Galactus :luhv:   As a humble kid I never imagine I'll own this book, and once Thanos made a cameo appearance at the Avenger.  It re-spark my interest into the hobby.  If my kids ever grow up to be a comic fanboy like me, I will definitely pass it down to them.

Nice. Well Red, if you ever wish to sell let me know.

I'll look after you.