• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

House of Secrets #61 prices?!

7 posts in this topic

So I understand that House of Secrets #61 is a pretty scarce book, but the prices I'm seeing for this issue are just off the charts.  I'm interested in putting together the Eclipso run from the series, but am just astounded about the $$$ people want on eBay for even low grade i.e.,  2.0's and such.  It obviously needs a correction in Overstreet, but is 600x above Overstreet values even remotely feasible for this book?  Maybe older SA collectors can fill me in here.  Thanks

5 hours ago, gradejunky said:

So I understand that House of Secrets #61 is a pretty scarce book, but the prices I'm seeing for this issue are just off the charts.  I'm interested in putting together the Eclipso run from the series, but am just astounded about the $$$ people want on eBay for even low grade i.e.,  2.0's and such.  It obviously needs a correction in Overstreet, but is 600x above Overstreet values even remotely feasible for this book?  Maybe older SA collectors can fill me in here.  Thanks

That surprised me too....This is a great LCS title....I've picked this book up cheap in LCS's that don't have a back issue market that goes deeper than mainstream SA. Walk into a shop where the wall books are the usual bronze and copper keys, peppered with hot moderns, a big SA book or two and the odd GA outlier, and that is the shop that will have early HOS in the run boxes at guide. I hunted up an affordable #61 by targeting shops of that profile.

On 3/31/2017 at 10:02 PM, Readcomix said:

That surprised me too....This is a great LCS title....I've picked this book up cheap in LCS's that don't have a back issue market that goes deeper than mainstream SA. Walk into a shop where the wall books are the usual bronze and copper keys, peppered with hot moderns, a big SA book or two and the odd GA outlier, and that is the shop that will have early HOS in the run boxes at guide. I hunted up an affordable #61 by targeting shops of that profile.

An 8.0 just sold for $825 on ComicConnect.  That sounds reasonable to me.

On 3/31/2017 at 5:56 PM, gradejunky said:

...  I'm interested in putting together the Eclipso run from the series...

Gotta admit, that's the first time I've ever heard that.  Are the other issues stupid as well, or just the key?

4 minutes ago, FineCollector said:

Gotta admit, that's the first time I've ever heard that.  Are the other issues stupid as well, or just the key?

the 1st time anyone has ever said they want to put that run together? lol.  In that case they should be dirt cheap haha.  Really though, #61 is the only one that seems to be hiked up 6x above Overstreet.  There is one "VG" copy on eBay right now for $100 I think?  I guess that might be somewhat reasonable for the book.

1 hour ago, gradejunky said:
1 hour ago, FineCollector said:

the 1st time anyone has ever said they want to put that run together? lol.  In that case they should be dirt cheap haha.  Really though, #61 is the only one that seems to be hiked up 6x above Overstreet.  There is one "VG" copy on eBay right now for $100 I think?  I guess that might be somewhat reasonable for the book.

Like all other speculative runs, it's always only about the keys as issue #61 features his first appearance.

You should probably take a run at the "VG" copy on eBay since it's listed as a BIN at $99.99, but he is willing to take offers.  (thumbsu