• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I now own this book!

13 posts in this topic

I now own this book!

Hello all,

I won a book on ebay and I have been trying to add it to the registry for the last 8 days and someone keeps stating that they still own it. 

I know I am new here and I have read all the FAQ's and it said a week....is this normal should I just wait for longer or should it have happened by now.

Really liking the community I have learned a lot.... I just want to feel the rush of moving up a rank or two and I am being denied :)

Happy collecting!

10 minutes ago, Milkbone said:

I now own this book!

Hello all,

I won a book on ebay and I have been trying to add it to the registry for the last 8 days and someone keeps stating that they still own it. 

I know I am new here and I have read all the FAQ's and it said a week....is this normal should I just wait for longer or should it have happened by now.

Really liking the community I have learned a lot.... I just want to feel the rush of moving up a rank or two and I am being denied :)

Happy collecting!

If the old owner replies and accepts the request, it happens right away. If not, I think it takes 5 days unless the old owner rejects the request.

18 minutes ago, Milkbone said:

It's just weird that they can reject the request...I mean I have it in hand :)

OK I will wait a few more days and see what that does.

Thanks Bomber- Bob

Perhaps take a picture holding the book and today's newspaper and send it in.....

On ‎3‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 10:02 PM, Milkbone said:

I now own this book!

Hello all,

Happy collecting!

CGC tries contacting the (old) registered owner of the book, if they can't get in touch with the person they will then transfer the book to your set. This usually takes around 2 weeks if they get no response.  Hope this helps, and welcome. :) 

Thanks Nepatkm... the around two weeks part sounds a little bit more realistic to what I am seeing....

Like i stated I am just anxious to get it added and the fact I can't makes it more needed :)

I went and bought a paper today so I could take that picture and send my ransom note....

Hey,
I'm actually wondering how this works. If the previous owner for whatever reason keeps rejecting the transfer how does CGC check if in fact that person no longer has the book and how does CGC ensure themselves that the new owner does have the book? hm

Yes, I  think we need clarity on this.  I've been waiting 10 days now . I just re-entered it again. The message says a 'few' days.  By definition a 'few' is 3 days. I always thought it was 5 days. In any case the message should be more accurate. 

This cert number is already owned by another user. The comic will be transferred to you in a few days unless the other person says they still own it.

Edited by Bomber-Bob