• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Peter David (iconic writer) could really use our help
2 2

13 posts in this topic

I really enjoyed his Star Trek novel - Vendetta. Cliffnotes version? THE Doomsday Machine (the one in Star Trek cannon was just a smaller prototype) vs. the Borg. Not exactly classic literature, but an absolutely fantastic popcorn read. Brought me enough pleasure as a kid that I will gladly peel off a few bucks.

Hopefully he doesn't come out of this owing more than he does now, because all of this money is taxable as well.   I don't wish this situation on anyone, but to think the IRS has "forgotten" your debt is ridiculous.

5 hours ago, AndyFish said:

Hopefully he doesn't come out of this owing more than he does now, because all of this money is taxable as well.   I don't wish this situation on anyone, but to think the IRS has "forgotten" your debt is ridiculous.

Apparently the contributions are not taxable because they are a gift.  Here's a link to an update:

https://www.gofundme.com/peter-david-needs-your-help?viewupdates=1&rcid=1b5fc0ebb7fd41ed967d9c96cd0fcc86&utm_source=internal&utm_medium=email&utm_content=cta_button&utm_campaign=upd_n

This gets more and more murky. Now on the latest update PD is saying he paid his taxes, hundreds of thousands of them, just not these specific ones so don't call him a tax cheat. Humility and gratitude work better in these situations I think.